80% lowers

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Lil Bro was looking at them , I was wondering if any body here has ever machined one out, doesn't look to tuff but still looks can be deceiving

bradmond

Equipment
BX25D
Mar 14, 2015
SeaTac, Wa
I did one for a 10/22 on a decent drill press. Everything other than the hole for the barrel was fairly easy. In my opinion, the barrel hole should be done on a Bridgeport. I have access to one and used it for the barrel hole.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
It takes quite a bit of time and unless you have a CNC machine I'd make the drilling jigs mandatory. If you have access to a Bridgeport or similar milling machine the results are quite good.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Come on you folks have lowers already punched out precisely at reasonable prices by professionals with great equipment.

Where I am it's expensive and restrictive to buy them,

Buy them up as well as lowers and mags.

You may have some changes!

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
Come on you folks have lowers already punched out precisely at reasonable prices by professionals with great equipment.

Where I am it's expensive and restrictive to buy them,

Buy them up as well as lowers and mags.

You may have some changes!
No paperwork on 80% lowers, that's why.

MaleHoe

Equipment
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
Lil Bro was looking at them , I was wondering if any body here has ever machined one out, doesn't look to tuff but still looks can be deceiving
A friend just purchased some items from this place. Looks good to me, I may make a few when he's done with the jigs. I offered to split the cost with him but he refused my money. Good friend!

http://www.modulusarms.com/

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Lots of read in that link thanks I will pass it along

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
I have built an AR-15 and a AR-10 using 80% polymer lowers. Fairly easy using a drill press. Always check and double check before making cuts and remember to go slow. Some kits are better than others. I used Polymer 80 kits - decent instructions and the drill bits and end mill are included along with the jig. It is rewarding once completed. The wife had to video the test firing on each one, but after testing and shooting, she now claims the AR-15.

MaleHoe

Equipment
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
I have built an AR-15 and a AR-10 using 80% polymer lowers. Fairly easy using a drill press. Always check and double check before making cuts and remember to go slow. Some kits are better than others. I used Polymer 80 kits - decent instructions and the drill bits and end mill are included along with the jig. It is rewarding once completed. The wife had to video the test firing on each one, but after testing and shooting, she now claims the AR-15.
I won't argue with you...polymer is NOT a material that works well for AR receivers. I could post many pictures of them broken but you can Google Image "broken polymer AR" .

Here;
https://www.google.com/search?q=broken+polymer+AR&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi47ay596zPAhXD5YMKHRy6DRIQ_AUICCgB&biw=1173&bih=517

Yes a forged receiver can break but it's not easy.

Cousin Eddie

Equipment
L4701HST, LP RCF2072 Rotary Cutter, LP RTA2072 Tiller, Diamond C 45HDT
Sep 14, 2016
Southeast Kansas
I may or may not know a person that may or may not have done this with excellent results using a mini mill. :D

Cousin Eddie

Equipment
L4701HST, LP RCF2072 Rotary Cutter, LP RTA2072 Tiller, Diamond C 45HDT
Sep 14, 2016
Southeast Kansas
Understood, but i never will admit to anything, anywhere, ever.

P.s. I turned over every scary gun i ever owned to the all knowing libtards cause i was just to scared they would go off by themselves. I feel soooo much safer now. Its sandy down here, but i feel safe cause they told me i would . LOL

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Understood, but i never will admit to anything, anywhere, ever.

P.s. I turned over every scary gun i ever owned to the all knowing libtards cause i was just to scared they would go off by themselves. I feel soooo much safer now. Its sandy down here, but i feel safe cause they told me i would . LOL

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Boat accident?:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And here I thought I was the only one that lost everything in a boating accident