72" mower deck removal

dmoore

Equipment
2006 B7800, RC72-BA 72" mid mount mower, RB 1672 72" rear blade
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
So I had the need after 6 years now to remove my 72" RC72 belly mower from B7800 to install and adjust my new RB72 rear blade for snow I hope we don't get! I had a problem doing it the way the service manual dictates by chocking the casters and just simply backing over the deck. The mower deck wanted to move with the tractor...frustrated by this I finally removed it the hard way by removing the front pins on the quick attach up front on mower, turning the wheels all the way left and dragging the deck out from right side of tractor. I was on smooth concrete in my building which probably hindered my efforts. But WAY easier to roll the deck in its spot afterwards. So what have you guys done to get the deck to stay put???? My other question is how do you secure the mower links up while the deck is removed?? Thanks in advance! Dave

Last edited:

78Vette

Equipment
F2690
Mar 14, 2010
SW Ont. Canada
On the B1700 i had, the links lifted up till they matched up with a hole on some bracket to secure the links to with a pin. The manual should show you how to do this. Get underneath it and see what's there to fasten it to when you lift the arms up.

dmoore

Equipment
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
After just looking closer I can see where a pin can be removed and the L pin inserted to hold them up and out of way.....Do you own a 78 Pace Car btw? Thanks!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So I had the need after 6 years now to remove my 72" RC72 belly mower from B7800 to install and adjust my new RB72 rear blade for snow I hope we don't get! I had a problem doing it the way the service manual dictates by chocking the casters and just simply backing over the deck. The mower deck wanted to move with the tractor...frustrated by this I finally removed it the hard way by removing the front pins on the quick attach up front on mower, turning the wheels all the way left and dragging the deck out from right side of tractor. I was on smooth concrete in my building which probably hindered my efforts. But WAY easier to roll the deck in its spot afterwards. So what have you guys done to get the deck to stay put???? My other question is how do you secure the mower links up while the deck is removed?? Thanks in advance! Dave

BTDT.

My deck is a so-called drive over deck but doing so requires building ramps from blocks of wood to prevent the deck from simply rolling away.

Much easier and much less time consuming to drive the tractor onto a level or two of 2X6s, etc., and simply roll the MMM out from the side.

I can remove or install in 15-20 minutes.

SDT

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Just chiming in to say good looking Wheel Horse. I have a Charger 12 that belonged to my great grandfather that I am wanting to get running. My orange stuff just keeps me too busy.

dmoore

Equipment
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
Thanks! I bought that 1978 C-101 from the father of a friend in 1997..It def did not look like that! I restored it then and actually used it to mow 3 acres until I bought my Kubota July 2006. It was at that point I restored it again. It has had an easier life since the Kubota.