7040?

Cem1485

Equipment
M7040
May 6, 2022
Tx
What would cause hydraulics to surge mower hops a few inches at idle dosent do it while in motion.... Also rear wheel nut size is 35mm? correct

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
My first inclination would be the the control linkage rod is a little out of adjustment causing the 3 pt hitch to hunt. What’s the position of the draft control? All the way down I assume.

I would have to check my lug nut size. I use a 3/4 drive SAE socket when I adjust mine because I don’t have any metrics that size. I will check the SAE size and edit this post if someone hasn’t answered by then.

yes the nuts are 35 mm or 1-3/8 inches if you can’t find a 35mm.

Last edited:

Cem1485

Equipment
M7040
May 6, 2022
Tx
My first inclination would be the the control linkage rod is a little out of adjustment causing the 3 pt hitch to hunt. What’s the position of the draft control? All the way down I assume.

I would have to check my lug nut size. I use a 3/4 drive SAE socket when I adjust mine because I don’t have any metrics that size. I will check the SAE size and edit this post if someone hasn’t answered by then.

yes the nuts are 35 mm or 1-3/8 inches if you can’t find a 35mm.
1 3/8 worked perfect draft control is stuck bought the tractor in the fall had been sitting a year or more also when I let the loader down it jumps and when under load the mower drops like a loss of hydraulic
pressure thanks for any help

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Still thinking the control linkage rod is not adjusted properly. The reason i asked about the draft position is because the control linkage is used by the draft control for load sensing. in Other words, the draft control senses load change and raises or lowers the 3 pt accordingly. Mine was out of adjustment and I could raise the implements but at the top of the travel, the pressure relief valve was making noise along with the 3 pt shaking moving up and down. Correct adjustment fixed the problem.