$600 L4150

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
That is a bite type tube fitting - probably male BSP. Let's start by IDing the old parts. Do you have a caliper or micrometer? If you do measure the OD of the tube and the OD of the male threads that screw into the port. Then we can start looking for replacement fittings.

Not going to find a longer version of that tube fitting but a new tube fitting and a matching port adapter may add the length you need.

Dan
Well I brought the line to a rebuild shop near me. He said let me see what I can do, took it to the back and came back to the counter with this. Not exactly how I thought I wanted it done but I guess it will do

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Not exactly how I thought I wanted it done but I guess it will do
Excellent permanent repair. I’d make use of that bracket with an insulated clamp.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Well I brought the line to a rebuild shop near me. He said let me see what I can do, took it to the back and came back to the counter with this. Not exactly how I thought I wanted it done but I guess it will do
Exactly what I would have done except I would have put a 90 degree swivel on the end of the hose and made it the correct length.

Dan

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
Exactly what I would have done except I would have put a 90 degree swivel on the end of the hose and made it the correct length.

Dan
Me and the fella talked about that before he crimped it. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to clear that top corner of the trans/rear end if it turned down to quick.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Me and the fella talked about that before he crimped it. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to clear that top corner of the trans/rear end if it turned down to quick.
Based on the pics a long drop hose end would probably work. The other option is bend a length of tube and use it in place of the hose - almost OEM.

Dan

YOUNGDRETTI

Equipment
L3750DT G1800S w/ 3 PT.
May 17, 2022
UT
I bet the rear rubber's worth MORE than you paid for the tractor !!!
GREAT SCORE !!!
HAVE YOU STOPPED SMILING YET ???

You're not kidding about the tire price, my L3750DT needs rear tires so I am looking for some.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, as these L series tractors become older is it advisable to adjust what engine oil is going into them?

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
Well, I installed the new hydro line no leaks. Now that I was able to run the tractor without dumping yhydro oil everywhere I ran it thru it’s paces. PTO is engaged and I can’t get it to disengage. My tractor has a 540/750 PTO. It looks like it will change speed but won’t stop spinning unless I press the clutch in. Also the 3P would not move. I pull the draft control all the way up then then the 3P came up with lift control but I can not get them to go back down. I zip tied the feedback lever until I get a new rod just to eliminate the possibility of it being in neutral. Any thoughts/suggestions? Where do I start?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Where do I start?
With a cup of coffee, a comfortable chair in front of the fire, and the WSM. You need to study and understand the description of the operation of the 3pt hydraulic control system. I expect there are multiple tests and adjustments described in those sections.

Dan

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
Well, I installed the new hydro line no leaks. Now that I was able to run the tractor without dumping yhydro oil everywhere I ran it thru it’s paces. PTO is engaged and I can’t get it to disengage. My tractor has a 540/750 PTO. It looks like it will change speed but won’t stop spinning unless I press the clutch in. Also the 3P would not move. I pull the draft control all the way up then then the 3P came up with lift control but I can not get them to go back down. I zip tied the feedback lever until I get a new rod just to eliminate the possibility of it being in neutral. Any thoughts/suggestions? Where do I start?
On the PTO. Theres a neutral/540/750 shifter. If PTO shifter is in neutral, the PTO will still spin if nothing is connected to it, but there is no power behind it. Mine does this, and I grabbed it lightly with a gloved hand and i can hold it still.

For the 3pt, theres a release valve knob under the seat. Does it turn? Is that release valve closed and that's why the 3pt wont go down?

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
On the PTO. Theres a neutral/540/750 shifter. If PTO shifter is in neutral, the PTO will still spin if nothing is connected to it, but there is no power behind it. Mine does this, and I grabbed it lightly with a gloved hand and i can hold it still.

For the 3pt, theres a release valve knob under the seat. Does it turn? Is that release valve closed and that's why the 3pt wont go down?
Spot in with the PTO!! This morning the 3pt was down. I made sure the release valve was open and I was able to het it to come back up but nothing after that. Looks like I’ll have to do what theoldhokie said and do some studying.

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
Spot in with the PTO!! This morning the 3pt was down. I made sure the release valve was open and I was able to het it to come back up but nothing after that. Looks like I’ll have to do what theoldhokie said and do some studying.
I cant remember how many revolutions i can turn my release valve before the 3pt starts going down responsively, but I think it is several turns. If I get over to the shop today I’ll check. Since your 3pt does release - albeit overnight - Could it be that it’s just not turned far enough open?

#40Fan

Jul 21, 2022
USA
The 3pt might have a little rust in the pivots keeping it from going down on its own. Have you tried adding any weight/standing on it?

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
So where is this screen for the hydros? Is it behind/ inside filter housing or is it somewhere else on the tractor. I see what looks like to big plugs under the rear end bit not sure which is which?

CiscoRanger

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4150DT / BF900
Oct 3, 2022
Texas
Yeah I tried that! They leak down over night!
Not sure if you already figured out the 3pt issue, but I Finally got out to the shop last night. The 3pt release knob will make 3 full revolutions from stop to stop. It takes a full turn to a turn and a quarter to get the 3-pt arms to start dropping with no weight on them.

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
Not sure if you already figured out the 3pt issue, but I Finally got out to the shop last night. The 3pt release knob will make 3 full revolutions from stop to stop. It takes a full turn to a turn and a quarter to get the 3-pt arms to start dropping with no weight on them.
That was it. I figured it out last week. I took off the seat and pb blasted the the adjustment rod right where it goes in the rear end. I tuned the knob a little more and I could here fluid leaking back and the 3pt started falling. Happy that’s all it was!

Reactions: 1 users