60" snow pusher on bx1880.

hockeystewey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 BX1880 w FEL, 54"MMM, 2019 BX2816 50 " snowblower
Dec 12, 2017
NY
hey guys, I been shopping for a 48" pusher for my tractor recently. well dealer called yesterday and said he has a 60" in stock I can have for the 48" price. I am concerned that the 60" might be too much for the little engine that could though... that's 2 feet larger than my FEL bucket. Anyone have a 60" on a 18 hp BX? of have any general advice??

Thanks !!!!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I would think you would be OK unless the snow was wet & slushy, then you might have to take smaller bites.

I would go for it, if it's an implement you were going to get regardless.

Charlie5320

Equipment
BX2670
Jan 8, 2018
Springfield, IL.
My 20 hp simplicity had a 60" blade, and I had no trouble with it on a 2 wheel drive tractor. I think the 54" Kubota blade is a little skimpy and the 50" snowblower. The simplicity blade was built a lot heavier too. I actually thought about modifying the simplicity blade to work on my Kubota, but sold it with the tractor. I picked up a [new] used blade for about 1/2 price.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I have a 6’ Curtis snow plow that I modified and added to my BX1830 loader. Other than a lack of steering when the plow is angled & pressed to the ground, I have no troubles with it at all. I loose traction (even in 4WD) way before I loose the needed power.

I’m excited for the snow to come! I’m ready to plow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lizlec

Equipment
BX1870-1 + LA203A FEL + B2789 3PT SB + 54" HLA1500 Snowpusher
Feb 4, 2018
Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec, Canada
I have a 54" snowpusher (HLA 1500 model) on my BX1870 and would not go larger. The power is not the issue over the traction if you have heavy snow particularly. With the 54" it's perfect but larger than that I think it would give me more troubles than advantages. If you plan to use chains it may do the job even with a 60 inch though.

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
Horsepower is not the issue here, weight is. Add enough weight to your BX and it should work ok until you get a lot of wet heavy snow. Then you just might have to clean up every few inches instead of waiting until the storm is done. Chains would really help.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have a 6’ Curtis snow plow that I modified and added to my BX1830 loader. Other than a lack of steering when the plow is angled & pressed to the ground, I have no troubles with it at all. I loose traction (even in 4WD) way before I loose the needed power.

I’m excited for the snow to come! I’m ready to plow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm not. I bought a 10 foot wide county plow just to anger the snow gods so it wouldn't snow. Fine with me. 40 here today with rain and supposed to stay in the 40's. I have no issue with that.

I suppose we will get snow in January. One snow is enough.

I've seen 8 foot drifts here in the past and I don't miss them at all.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
I'm not. I bought a 10 foot wide county plow just to anger the snow gods so it wouldn't snow. Fine with me. 40 here today with rain and supposed to stay in the 40's. I have no issue with that.

I suppose we will get snow in January. One snow is enough.

I've seen 8 foot drifts here in the past and I don't miss them at all.

LOL!!! The snow gods haven’t really visited much yet here in W. New York and I’m ok with that.

Wow though, 10’ plow?!?!

Merry Christmas!

unclejunk

Sep 15, 2017
Albany NY
How is the 60" pusher working out? I have been looking and couldn't decide between the 60 and 48. I have the plow blade now and it works OK, but I have large open spaces to clear and I think a pusher would be better. I seem to loose traction pretty quickly on the BX25 (with BH attached for weight) so I was thinking the 48 would be better since it would 'hold' less snow.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
I have the 60" front plow (BX2760a) for my BX25, and it works fine. Only issue is with lots of snow, it is possible to get hung up on the front end if you go too far into the snow.
Like everything else, how you use your tools requires some "feeling" about how it is working for you, and don't over do it...

That said, I run a front snow blower with a 5' back blade during most of the winter, and use the front blade only in spring or early winter when there is no base on the driveway.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Maybe I'm dense but I don't get the percentage in a snow pusher unless the 'pusher part' (power unit) is very substantial, heavy and FWA. I cannot see 'pushing' the snow in front and having it build up a big heavy wad when with a plow angled, it slides off the side and never builds up.

I just don't get the idea of a pusher at all.

Only ones I ever see are usually on the front of an articulated front end loader with substantial weight to push the snow.

Seems like a waste to me on a light weight compact tractor. I would not even want one on my M's.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Snow pushers are awesome. An 8 footer on a skid steer can clear a parking lot, very quickly. Faster than a pickup with an 8' Western angle plow on the front, i'd bet money on it.
With smaller, lighter machines, you can't get greedy with the width of the pusher vs weight of the machine.
Comparing a 60" plow on the front of a BX, to a 60" pusher on the front of a BX is apples to oranges. A plow will never accumulate the weight build up that a pusher will, so you can get away with a slightly larger plow on a smaller machine, than you can with a pusher.

Reactions: 1 user