60 inch MMM attachment problems!

MCU60

Equipment
B2620
Nov 10, 2014
Bartlett, NH
Hello, I am new to the forum here and a new owner of a B2620, and a former Green tractor owner :rolleyes:! Hello to everyone!

I purchased a new B2620, loader, and a 60 inch MMM. I have had the tractor for less than 2 weeks and it is awesome. I have had problems with the down-linkage attachment arms that hold the mower deck onto the tractor. I have had two of these linkage arms just fall off the rear support and when backing up the tractor drives them into the dirt and bending them :eek:! These have been replaced by the dealership at no charge and they now want the tractor back at the shop to see how these are coming off the mounting system.

These linkage arms move with the 3 pt hitch up and down. They hang down with the mower off and when the tractor was delivered the tech said that this was a new-style mower and he needed to call the dealership and asked for guidance on mounting the deck to the tractor so he could show me so I would become familiar with how it attaches. We had trouble mounting the deck. There are a cam-like button that protrudes through a heavy bar and the hole is oblong in shape. Anyway, my question is, has anyone here had trouble with this system or heard of anyone having trouble with it? Any advise would also be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

ORANGE is the new GREEN

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hi Mark and its good to admit you were green,,,lol And to answer your question YES,, it is not a very well thought out system, Mine would come out and it got to the point the dealer wouldn't do anything more after the warranty was up. ANYWAY,, what I did was to grind off what was left of the lobe, so there was just a shaft I had taken everything off both arms put them together on the bench and found a large washer that fit the shaft and welded it in place,, it aint pretty, but I have not had a problem since. And I spoke to a man the does work on the tractors for the several cemeteries around here and he said that on every bota he works on they wind up doing the same thing to the lift arms. I think if the lobes were larger and made of something a lot harder they wouldn't wear and grind off like they do... But yours being new, I hope they figure it out for you. Just a little bunmp in the road,,lol
And welcome to the Orange

MCU60

Equipment
B2620
Nov 10, 2014
Bartlett, NH
Thanks Skeets,

So you leave the lift-arms on all year round? I thought about just taking them off, until I had to put the first new replacement pins in and they are a PITA to drive them in. I couldn't believe that a layer of paint could make those so difficult to drive those in. They were even worse to drive them out! I like you solution though, weld a washer over the lobe?!? I'll talk with my dealer about it. They have been FANTASTIC to work with, MB Tractor in Conway, NH! Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

Yes, Orange is the NEW Green

Mark