60" Brushshark and L3400 manual.

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
L3400DT 4WD, SSQA, Bobcat T190, Flail mower, Brushhog, Brushshark, Ratchet rake
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
Added a new toy to our Fredneck Acres arsenal.
Plans are to use it to clear yaupons and other underbrush as we develop the property for whitetail habitat.
IMG_20220714_190902778_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you ask for help in a question you will probably get the answer.

No one but you has a clue why you posted this picture

Reactions: 1 user

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
If you ask for help in a question you will probably get the answer.

No one but you has a clue why you posted this picture
Just showing off the new toy.
I thought I'd added an explanation
with the original posting. My bad...

Enjoy...

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Ok
From the title of the thread I thought you might’ve been looking for a manual but I think you’re saying manual transmission tractor
No problem and good luck with your project

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
That contraption is scary. I have never seen one before. Its shown on their website , teeth moving diabolically, attached to a skid steer. Skid steers typically operate at much higher pressures and thus provide superior results when operating many implements. Is it living up to expectations? Do tell. Thanks.

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
That contraption is scary. I have never seen one before. Its shown on their website , teeth moving diabolically, attached to a skid steer. Skid steers typically operate at much higher pressures and thus provide superior results when operating many implements. Is it living up to expectations? Do tell. Thanks.
I did not get it with the automated option. I have to manually operate it each way. My third function addition is button activated so that is a simple process.
Being that the L3400D has minimum hydraulic pressure, compared to skid steers, I'm only able to easily cut thru ~ 3.5" brush trunks, as opposed to the advertised 6" trunks. I have no doubt it operates as advertised at the higher pressures. I knew this going in and since most of the yaupon stock is only 1" - 2" I'm happy.
I do wish the L3400D had higher pressure and may look into seeing if increasing that appreciably is possible.
I'm fairly happy with the first project's results. The down side was cutting a trail thru heavy brush and having to maneuver to move the cut brush out of the way. I'll be going back and widening that trail which should be a simpler process.
The rest of the cutting I'll be doing is not trailish in nature, but rather under brush in fairly mature tree stands.
It was a big expense but short of a mulcher and skid steer it was, I felt, my best option as a typical brushhog and/or flail mower, which I have are not gonna do this job, and at $1K a day to hire a skidsteer w/ mulcher, which I've done, this thing will pay for itself in just a couple of months. Of course the mulcher would have it done in 5 to 7 days.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I did not get it with the automated option. I have to manually operate it each way. My third function addition is button activated so that is a simple process.
Being that the L3400D has minimum hydraulic pressure, compared to skid steers, I'm only able to easily cut thru ~ 3.5" brush trunks, as opposed to the advertised 6" trunks. I have no doubt it operates as advertised at the higher pressures. I knew this going in and since most of the yaupon stock is only 1" - 2" I'm happy.
I do wish the L3400D had higher pressure and may look into seeing if increasing that appreciably is possible.
I'm fairly happy with the first project's results. The down side was cutting a trail thru heavy brush and having to maneuver to move the cut brush out of the way. I'll be going back and widening that trail which should be a simpler process.
The rest of the cutting I'll be doing is not trailish in nature, but rather under brush in fairly mature tree stands.
It was a big expense but short of a mulcher and skid steer it was, I felt, my best option as a typical brushhog and/or flail mower, which I have are not gonna do this job, and at $1K a day to hire a skidsteer w/ mulcher, which I've done, this thing will pay for itself in just a couple of months. Of course the mulcher would have it done in 5 to 7 days.
You can rent skid steers at Home Depot for $250 per day here in Pittsburgh and I am sure elsewhere. You might benefit from hooking your new attachment to a rental unit thereby gaining better functionality, saving time, and also saving wear and tear on your tractor. Just a thought. Good luck. Be careful.

Kubie L3400D

Equipment
Jun 29, 2022
FredNeck Acres, Tejas
You can rent skid steers at Home Depot for $250 per day here in Pittsburgh and I am sure elsewhere. You might benefit from hooking your new attachment to a rental unit thereby gaining better functionality, saving time, and also saving wear and tear on your tractor. Just a thought. Good luck. Be careful.
Great idea.
I'll consider that as an option.