$500 for Quick Attach Bucket? Buying B2601 in a few hours)

keith204

Equipment
B2601
Mar 21, 2022
Missouri
Figured it may be handy to attach skid steer style attachments at some point, but can’t figure out which ones I’ll ever actually need. Maybe pallet forks, but clamp-on pallet forks can be bought for a couple hundred $$.

Any opinions on if I should spend or splurge?

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
Figured it may be handy to attach skid steer style attachments at some point, but can’t figure out which ones I’ll ever actually need. Maybe pallet forks, but clamp-on pallet forks can be bought for a couple hundred $$.

Splurge now. I almost went pin on bucket but then my friend talked me into getting the quick attach. I too thought I wouldnt have the need to switch out the bucket and could live with the clamp on forks. Fast forward to a year later and my tractor is at my dealer getting a 3rd fucntion installed and a new grapple. Oh and I am also calling EA later today to pull the trigger on pallet forks. The quick attach gives you so many options down the road for if/when applications change.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
You buy SSQA for the EASY ability to change attachments and the older you get the more you'll enjoy it ! Clamp-on forks can be a pain to get on or off AND they won't lift as much, as easily, as proper pallet forks will.
Buy forks rated at just over the lifting capacity of the loader. Ie if rated for 2000#, do NOT buy 3500# rated forks..waste of money and actually less lifting capacity. If possible, buy the lightest weight forks, probably 40-42" long.
Once you have forks, they'll probably be on 50% of the time, once you get used to them !!!

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Definitely worth the $ to get a real set of forks even if forks and bucket are the only things you ever get for it. Clamp on forks are better than no forks but they’re not really comparable in performance to dedicated forks.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

Definitely get the quick attach bucket.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Quick attach bucket. Bolt on pallet forks are easiest to store but suffer from visibility (cannot see through the FEL to the forks). I have to take the bucket off to pick up or to dump my BB in the back of the basement of the carriage house; otherwise, I risk gouging my doors with the sharp edges of the bucket, or worse. Easy with quick attach.

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Get the quick attach. It future proofs the purchase. You likely will have the tractor a long time so what you don’t think you need now may later be a necessity.

Just mentioning clamp on forks has me thinking the QA is a no brainer.

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
I loved the quick attach pallet forks on my B2301. I’d say we’ll worth $500.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Clamp on pallet forks are cheap, and are probably the most useless attachment that can be added to any tractor!
Clamp on forks are worth exactly what they cost!
Very little!

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Definitely worth the money! And, the SSQA pallet forks are well worth it!

Mike

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Clamp on pallet forks are cheap, and are probably the most useless attachment that can be added to any tractor!
Clamp on forks are worth exactly what they cost!
Very little!
Well, that’s a broad statement. I have clamp on forks that have proven extremely useful to me (with my BX pin-on bucket)
Numerous lifting/moving tasks have been simplified by the clamp-ons.
Would I prefer the quick attach system? Of course, but I don’t have it so whatever makes my work easier on my back, I will use and appreciate.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
When you find out you 'need' a bigger tractor, the resell of a tractor with SSQA is better than pin-on. ;)

I bought my BX23S with SSQA, it was a 'must have'. 6 months later bought the pallet forks. Those paid for themselves in 3 PAYING jobs for neighbours over then next year . Heck, who doesn't like FREE implements ?

Then there's your time. Say you spend 10 minutes to get clampons on and off,once per day. In 6 days you've LOST an hour of time ,you'll never get back.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, that’s a broad statement. I have clamp on forks that have proven extremely useful to me (with my BX pin-on bucket)
Numerous lifting/moving tasks have been simplified by the clamp-ons.
Would I prefer the quick attach system? Of course, but I don’t have it so whatever makes my work easier on my back, I will use and appreciate.
Pin on bucket is first problem!
Clamp on forks compound 1st problem!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Assi
That’s an asinine attitude.
"Asinine" or not....it is a fact!
I have a set of pin on forks that I bought for my older 32 HP Ford.
The pin on forks are absolutely worthless!
I think they are standing in a corner of one of my barns!

Last edited:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I didn't think twice when my dealer said he was going to put the quick attach on. At the time I didn't know much about it but ended up getting the pallet forks also and used them more than the bucket the first few months.

Also if you are creative or Not.. you can always get blank plates for a little bit of nothing $100-150 and create your own implement for QA.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
I gave away the pin-on 6' bucket and forks from my 'big' tractor and anyone who has had to deal with swapping them KNOWS why. PITA trying to get heavy bucket attached to the loader. SSQA wins hands down, unless you never, ever will change out the attachment.
Don't need to buy $$$ SSQA blanks if you have access to steel, SIMPLE to fab custom blanks.