50+ HP new Kubota with FEL: which model?

lipancreek

Dec 1, 2014
Texas, USA
I am looking for a 50-60 hp new Kubota. I do want a FEL and the true 3rd function valve for operating a grapple. The choices are pretty extensive on build it now... MX5200, 5800, M5660SUHD, M5640SU, M6060, etc etc.

But, I'd like to stay around 30k total price.

Does anyone have recommendations on the heaviest duty model I could realistically get new for that price range or less? Build your own on Kubota's website makes it look like 30k would not buy any of the above. If anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate hearing them.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's hard to say which model would be best not knowing the intended use for the machine.

That said, remember the "build your own" prices are the suggested price.

I would suggest going to more than one dealer if you can and talk to them about how / what you plan to use the tractor for. If the dealer cares about their customers they should be able to give you a few options that will work.
I would also inquire about 0% financing. Price it out several ways. Implements and options (like the 3rd function) can be included in the 0%.

Using the 0% may help stretch you budget enough to allow for a larger tractor that will better suit your needs.

Final thought, (if you can) get prices from several dealers. It does make a difference. On my M9000 I went to 3 dealers and priced it with the same options each time. I was given 3 different prices and there was 7K difference from highest to lowest.

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
Call Barlow's in Somerset KY. They have pretty competitive pricing, even if your shipping. I spoke to the driver who delivered mine. He'd been to New Jersey and Montana dropping off tractors.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
My customers have gone to Parc's in WV, they shipped up to CT so I bet they'd ship to Texas as well. No tax makes up part of the shipping cost....Great prices.

lipancreek

Dec 1, 2014
Texas, USA
Thank you for the responses. Looks like after shopping that there are two likely options: MX5200 and M5660SUHD. I'm supposed to get quotes on Monday. I plan to use the tractor with six foot shredder, move a few round bales each year, use a grapple on brush piles, use a box blade on my gravel road, etc. I'm worried about the MX5200 being too light for a six foot box blade and round bales, but maybe it's not.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thank you for the responses. Looks like after shopping that there are two likely options: MX5200 and M5660SUHD. I'm supposed to get quotes on Monday. I plan to use the tractor with six foot shredder, move a few round bales each year, use a grapple on brush piles, use a box blade on my gravel road, etc. I'm worried about the MX5200 being too light for a six foot box blade and round bales, but maybe it's not.
I don't see the MX being a problem. I have a 5 1/2 foot box scrape and I move round bales around with my L3000. It handles the box just fine but round bales are about all it wants but it does the job. Hope this helps. :cool:

mcrey1

Equipment
L5030 new 2006 M126GXDTC-F
Oct 13, 2014
Glen Aubrey, NY 13777
We use a L5030 to stack and load wrapped round bales. The L5030 has the subframe for the B92 backhoe and is very stable stacking wrapped roundbales with the backhoe on or a 800lb weight on the three pt hitch. The significance of wrapped round bales is the grabber puts the bale out further from the FEL pivot pins and a 800lb wrapped round bale is all you want to handle. Our bale density went up with a new baler now we have 1000ib to 1200lb bales. The obvious solutiion is a M126GX. We traded in a Case 105u as we were a little shy on weight and pto hp.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Go used. Look at any of the diesel truck sites and you will see why. I wish I had done DPF/EGR deletes when you could buy tuners. I could go on but this user name is on a Ford site too.....