5 gallon plastic gas can modification

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
RK sells racing cans for 10 bucks I think. I have 3, they are great.

Edit guess they are 20. https://www.ruralking.com/5-gallon-polyethylene-fluid-container-white
Yes I went to RK's website and they only let you order one at a time with shipping cost of almost $20 it was cheaper for me to order a 2 pack of the YP race cans from Amazon for $63 with free shipping. I got the yellow ones for diesel. I have 8 Wedco Jerry Cans that I purchased just before the ban. I have those under lock and key and never loan them out. I am very happy that the YP type cans are now available. Hurray for the innovative merchants who get around the idiocy of the regulations that killed properly functioning fuel cans.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I have one 5 gallon plastic can I bought at Walmart....about $13. I keep it filled so when I need to refill it's handy. I put a kneeling pad up on the hood and use a siphon/pump like the ones supplied with a portable kerosene heater.
Two pumps or so and it does the rest itself. I use a small plastic clamp to keep the hose inside the filler hole. The last few drops are easily poured out after the siphon bottoms out. If I used more fuel I would probably invent a more elaborate setup....just isn't needed for at this time.

Reactions: 1 user