Airborne Trooper

Equipment
L3130 Kubota, Land Pride Box Blade, Finishing Mower, Front end Loader
Jul 24, 2020
Byhalia, MS
I'm looking for a 72" disc, I've priced the Titan, Lands Pride, King Kutter, and the Everything Attachments. I have a Kubota L3130, which one to buy?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would look on Craigs list and ebay. Disk can be a lot of money and most likely not get much use. Other wise what are your limiting factors? Any dealers near you? Are you wanting to buy on line. Need it yesterday? Try TractorHouse, Fastline, Equipment Trader for prices.

Look for sealed bearings, and heavy weight. I prefer a drag disk but most on here will tell you to buy a 3 point pick up disk.I think a pick up disk is more dangerous to transport and does not allow for curves as you pull it.

We have done hundreds of gardens with a 5 foot drag disk behind a Farmall Cub and it has worked very well for our family.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Look for sealed bearings, and heavy weight. I prefer a drag disk but most on here will tell you to buy a 3 point pick up disk.I think a pick up disk is more dangerous to transport and does not allow for curves as you pull it.
I too am shopping for a used disc. Have been focused on a 3 point....until now....

That's an excellent point about the turning aspect I had not considered. And some of my intended areas of use involve tight areas with lots of maneuvering.

Appreciate the insight.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I would look on Craigs list and ebay. Disk can be a lot of money and most likely not get much use. Other wise what are your limiting factors? Any dealers near you? Are you wanting to buy on line. Need it yesterday? Try TractorHouse, Fastline, Equipment Trader for prices.

We have done hundreds of gardens with a 5 foot drag disk behind a Farmall Cub and it has worked very well for our family.
Just curious how it is more 3pt is more dangerous to transport? We have only ever had 3pt disc and I'm trying to understand how it is more dangerous.

Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm looking for a 72" disc, I've priced the Titan, Lands Pride, King Kutter, and the Everything Attachments. I have a Kubota L3130, which one to buy?
Weight is important. The weight helps create the downward pressure to push the blades into the ground. So, if price is not an issue, you purchase the heaviest disc that your tractor can safely handle.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Just curious how it is more 3pt is more dangerous to transport? We have only ever had 3pt disc and I'm trying to understand how it is more dangerous.

Thanks
As you stated in you next post you want or need the disc to be as heavy as can be pulled by the tractor. The weight is set further back from the tractor so the front of the tractor becomes very light. The weight hanging out the back will carry it's momentum downward when you hit a dip or hump in the road. The front end becomes even lighter and I have witnessed the downward momentum of the disc lift the front of the tractor off the ground. The lack of steering even for a short time at transport speed can get you in trouble.

The second point, not a safety issue, the 3 point disc will not follow the ground as well because of the ridge nature of the machine. A leveling disc will follow the the ground and give you excellent seed prep.

Third our leveling disc's angle of attack can be adjusted from the seat of the tractor by pulling a rope or backing the tongue back into the disc. So you can set the disc to be very aggressive and break up the clods of the earth and as the clods become smaller you can close up the disc and smooth out the furrows that are left behind by the rear set of disc.

This is what we called a leveling disc. https://www.ebay.com/i/114208215120...ouB5Ca3VJLyokVUIuaIyfY_BOpGem2UwaAvb3EALw_wcB

They are harder to build and a pain in the butt to transport on the highway, between fields. You can set the disc to be straight and drag the disc. It will cut lines in the ground that can be beneficial as it can be used in this set up as an aerator, to do pasture renovations. It will give you a much flatter area to plant. Easier to hook up. Easier to adjust.

We did nearly a hundred gardens in our small town and the moving of the disc was a pain. We had a tilt bed trailer built with a hand winch mounted to the front of the tilting section. We simply winched the disc upon the trailer to road haul it. Then trip the bed to let the disc roll off when we got to the job.

I know this will bring up the benefits of the 3 point disc. The pick up and go is a plus. Or the back into a corner argument make points for the 3 point. It is easier to place it in a barn or shed.