3rd function kit (WR Long)

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Installed by shop on my L3010 and works great, but...
is there an easy way to change the toggle switch function?

The top toggle closes the grapple and the lower one opens, which seems counter-intuitive to me.
switch out the hydro fittings so I can switch the lines?
electric cable from the thumb toggle switch to the valve has a snap-in block connector and 3 wires (2 blue-1 white) that will only go in one way to the valve housing.
Am I missing something?
Thanks

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
I think the easiest thing to do is swap the hoses where the grapple connect to the loader. The other option would be to flip the blue wires around to make it work the way you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingcreek

Equipment
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I think the easiest thing to do is swap the hoses where the grapple connect to the loader. The other option would be to flip the blue wires around to make it work the way you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking too. Have to change the male/female ends around and I wanted to change the way they mounted them at the same time.
Thanks

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
Just installed a WR long for my grapple and same thing happened. Was first thinking it was just me, but after double checking, all is correct.

I did just swap the lines on the grapple end

Kingcreek

Equipment
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Thanks. I'll be changing the fittings on the loader and all will be good.

I bought the 60" EA wicked single lid grapple. Very impressed with it. Probably would have been just as happy with the 55". The limiting factor seems to be my loader capacity, not the grapple.

The quick attach adapter that I spotted at the scrap yard is not a perfect fit on the loader. When I drop the grapple, I need to pull the lower pins and spend about 3 minutes with a grinder to get full down curl to the stops. But I can't complain about the cost. Scrap yard currency is a 12 pack of cold beer and a roll of deer sausage at closing time on Saturday in trade for a brand new QA adapter that almost but not quite perfectly fits my loader. It is kubota orange but I don't find any mfg plate or stamp anywhere on it.