3PT Sprayer Bracket Fabbrication

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
It’s been too windy to spray for weeds the past couple of days…..so it was finally time to make a dedicated 3 pt bracket to mount the 25 gallon Fimco sprayer on behind the B2650. Here’s what I came up with after raiding the scrap metal bin:

The bottom platform is 1.5” angle iron. The uprights are heavier 2” angle iron. The top cross piece is 1”x2” rectangular tubing for mounting the top “ears” on.
3Pt Sprayer Framework.JPG Black Paint Job.JPG

The Fimco sprayer brackets are bolted to the platform. There’s access for the 4 screws that attach the tank to the plastic bracket. That allows easy removal of the tank from the 3 pt. assembly for winter storage/cleaning, etc. And the open bottom of the assembly allows for easy access to the bottom shut off valve and filter screen for "field" cleaning….even with a tank full of solution.
Tank and Boom Brackets Added.JPG Shut Off and Filter Screen Access.JPG

The 4 bottom screws holding the tank to the plastic brackets are pretty secure. To add some more “hold down” strength when bouncing in the field with a full tank……I added some screw eyes to the platform corners. They hold some custom ratchet straps made from some old ones that were laying around. That should remove any stress from the bottom tank screws and prevent them from ever letting loose.
3PT Bracket Assembly.JPG Hold Down Safety Straps.JPG Custom Hold Down Straps.JPG

The folding boom assembly easily slips in/out of the plastic brackets and is held in place with the eccentric clamps. Everything can come apart quickly for some deep cleaning and end of season storage.
Complete Assembly.JPG

A little bubble level on top of the framework makes for quick easy leveling. All that’s left is to find the hand wand and a way to control that hose when not in use.

And then to fab up a little rolling stand to make for easy availability in the shed. There's never enough room!!

David

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Nice job! You will enjoy that for years
Thanks, Yooper!! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and should have done it years ago......just for the convenience.

My biggest mistake on it......after cutting, beveling, and final welding......was realizing I should have put the rusty cut pieces into the sandblast cabinet prior to welding!! It was hot for sandblasting outside. I thought I could tough it out wearing a hood while in a short sleeve shirt. Ouch!! I'll remember the stings for the next project!! :ROFLMAO: live and learn!

David