3pt Fert/Lely Spreader for BX

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Hey guys

Was wondering if anyone knew of any compatible fertilizer spreaders that are 3pt that will work with the BX23? Something like a Lely.

Thank you

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
I use a Faza F/150 on my BX1880 and it fits great. Though I do need to make sure the ROPS is up or the edge of the cone hits the ROPS when folded down. It can hold 2 50lb bags of fertilizer with some room left over. Got a great deal on it at our local feed/farm supply.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
According to Land Pride, the FSP500 will work. I have one for my LX, and it does a great job. I used it to spread about 350 lbs. of weed and feed and 80 lbs. of insecticide granules on a small field that I am reclaiming. The weeds were greatly reduced, and the fire ants were devastated.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Without knowing how big the field is nor the lay of the land I would think a tow behind spreader like this might get things done for you. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Agri-Fab-Capacity-Broadcast-Tow-Behind-Spreader/1000172171

It would cost a lot less and no worries with the weight hanging off the rear. Also it is farther away from the tractor to reduce the fertilizer get on the tractor and causing rust. This would be much easier to hook up and no PTO shaft to get into place.

https://www.agrisupply.com/searchcenter.aspx?keyword=+Faza+F/150&prv=&adv=&hawkb= at $500 plus shipping

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Without knowing how big the field is nor the lay of the land I would think a tow behind spreader like this might get things done for you. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Agri-Fab-Capacity-Broadcast-Tow-Behind-Spreader/1000172171

It would cost a lot less and no worries with the weight hanging off the rear. Also it is farther away from the tractor to reduce the fertilizer get on the tractor and causing rust. This would be much easier to hook up and no PTO shaft to get into place.

https://www.agrisupply.com/searchcenter.aspx?keyword=+Faza+F/150&prv=&adv=&hawkb= at $500 plus shipping
The questions I would have about the tow behind: 1) how directional is it (is does not show a shield system to aim/control the spray - you might be peppering your tractor with granules) and 2) it says only a 10 foot spread. My LP500 has adjustable shields to control the direction of the spread, and it has a 30 foot spread.

However, the tow behind is much cheaper.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The questions I would have about the tow behind: 1) how directional is it (is does not show a shield system to aim/control the spray - you might be peppering your tractor with granules) and 2) it says only a 10 foot spread. My LP500 has adjustable shields to control the direction of the spread, and it has a 30 foot spread.

However, the tow behind is much cheaper.

I look at using a spreader as a once or maybe 2 times a year. The rusting of the spreader itself will often quickly mess up the spreader. I would rather pocket the extra money and purchase a second tow behind instead of a second 3 point. Also I like to run the spreader N-S and then E - W to prevent striping the yard so the narrow throw does not effect the finial product in a yard.

I have a littler pull behind and it does not hit the tractor. And with the BX you could load the bucket with extra bags. That way you could make a round without coming back to reload the hopper.

For a large open field there is no question the 3 point is better. I am guessing that with a BX he is not doing large fields. Also if you have a 10 foot spread it is much easier to work around the objects and the house.