3800 FEL bucket

silversurfer

Nov 22, 2013
Milburn Utah
I purchased a rock bucket and when I went to put it on the front arms are out of line. One is 3'' ahead of the other. It's a pain to change the buckets because of this. Is there anything I can do?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you are talking about the pads on a SSQA adapter being out of sync, that's a fairly easy fix.
First look for signs of damage, if no broken parts or welds, then it's just twisted.
You can re-clock the pads, put the pad that is too far forward up against a very sold object like a big tree or rock and curl the bucket control forward, just do it in short bursts curling back often to check alignment. ;)

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Are we talking a bent loader frame, or just the rams are not extended equally? If just the rams, might be just because the bucket is off. Can you post some pics? Are the pads independent or connected by steel structure? Did you try retracting them? When the first one bottoms out, the second should keep going till it bottoms.

Last edited:

silversurfer

Nov 22, 2013
Milburn Utah
If you are talking about the pads on a SSQA adapter being out of sync, that's a fairly easy fix.
First look for signs of damage, if no broken parts or welds, then it's just twisted.
You can re-clock the pads, put the pad that is too far forward up against a very sold object like a big tree or rock and curl the bucket control forward, just do it in short bursts curling back often to check alignment. ;)
That's the trouble, one ram is open more than the other>

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's the trouble, one ram is open more than the other>
That is why I said put the pad that is farther out than the other against something solid and that will push the other side out to match.

Why don't you post a picture too. ;)

silversurfer

Nov 22, 2013
Milburn Utah
It didn't work

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If putting the leading pad up against something solid and using the loader to curl the lagging pad forward and out didn't work, then take it to a welding shop and have them fix it.
You have a bent tube that runs between the two pads. :(

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
You put the furthest part of the plate against a solid object, something that ONLY will touch the part of the SSQA plate that is the MOST FORWARD.

Once you have the furthest out part of the plate against said 'immoveable' object, you slowly DUMP, NOT CURL until you have bent it back straight.

I've had this happen more than once, and have fixed with the above method each time. Very simple to fix.