3540HST, will not rev up when pushing pedal.

cyberc0p

Equipment
L3540
Apr 3, 2013
Georgia
When I press the pedal to go forward or backwards, the engine will not rev up and the tractor hardly moves.

If I rev the throttle up, it will move around fine.

Any thoughts?

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
The throttle controls the speed governor for the diesel engine, the pedal determines what is essentially continuous gear ratio transmission. If you leave the throttle at the idle setting and try to go forward with the pedal control, it is much like trying to launch a manual transmission car with the engine idling. Pushing on the pedal on the tractor doesn't increase engine speed, it just increases the load on the engine which in your case is set at idle speed by the throttle control.

Unlike a car, you need to set the throttle open to a reasonable governed speed, usually at rated speed when using the PTO and maybe half way between idle and rated while just moving the tractor at moderate speed.

Rodger

cyberc0p

Equipment
L3540
Apr 3, 2013
Georgia
Thanks Rodger,

Then the fact that it just creeps along when I hit the pedal, what do you think the problem is. It is definitely acting differently than it has over the past 10 years I have owned it

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks Rodger,

Then the fact that it just creeps along when I hit the pedal, what do you think the problem is. It is definitely acting differently than it has over the past 10 years I have owned it
Check the Auto Throttle cables, one is probably broken.

GBJeffOH

Equipment
L4060, EA Grapple, 6' LP Brush Hog, 8' snow plow, 6' LP tiller, EA Forks, Spraye
Nov 17, 2014
Jefferson, Ohio
When I press the pedal to go forward or backwards, the engine will not rev up and the tractor hardly moves.

If I rev the throttle up, it will move around fine.

Any thoughts?
Their is a lever above the petal that turns on auto throttle advance. There may be a pin there that came out.