30 Ft. Flag Pole

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
Thanks for all your input.

The reason for 30 ft. is my wife wants it that tall.

The base poles will be set in drain rock and caped to prevent water entrapment
( not that we get much rain here ). I am only going to plug weld the pole to keep stress to a minimum. The bolts at the base will be sleeved to prevent stress / distortion.

I really appreciate all your help !

E/S

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I would expect that tall of a flag pole would become an area landmark.
Yeah.... well you go past the red barn on the right then turn just past the flag pole, ya can't miss it....LOL :D :D

Sounds like a cool project and fortunately you don't have any HOA's to deal with. Might check on county ordinances if any apply. On the govt web site the code of respect to the Stars and Stripes says it should be lit if left out at night.

I don't have an HOA and can't see me ever living in such a place. My boats stay with me and most won't allow a boat or an RV so I am not compatible with such a clause. My first house was in a non organized sub division so there was no HOA. That sub division is the closest I have ever been to an HOA and that was enough.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
For the HOA folks if you stay there long enough, no one keeps the administration going and all those rules mean nothing. What is long enough in some areas may be longer than you want to wait.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
For the HOA folks if you stay there long enough, no one keeps the administration going and all those rules mean nothing. What is long enough in some areas may be longer than you want to wait.
That is basically what we did :D