3 PT snowblower setup.

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Curious how most of you set their 3 PT Adjustable Side Link bars on their tractors for snowblowers.
Fairly new at this going into the 2nd winter and never adjusted the side links which are currently using the center hole but think I need to move the pins to the bottom holes of the side links to increase the depth of the blower for slope changes in the driveway. Anyone else found the need to do this ?
I assumed because it dropped to the ground on a level surface it was good to go but now i see where it rides up a little where there are slope changes.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Curious how most of you set their 3 PT Adjustable Side Link bars on their tractors for snowblowers.
Fairly new at this going into the 2nd winter and never adjusted the side links which are currently using the center hole but think I need to move the pins to the bottom holes of the side links to increase the depth of the blower for slope changes in the driveway. Anyone else found the need to do this ?
I assumed because it dropped to the ground on a level surface it was good to go but now i see where it rides up a little where there are slope changes.
Referring to Kubota's schematic below, are you talking about the lift rods (2)? From your description I think you're saying that the blower is off the ground at times and you're trying to increase the range of motion such that the blower could drop down below the contact patches of the rear tires.

The MX manual has errors in it, and in the 3-point section it states there are two holes in the lower links. No there aren't! There are two holes in the lift rods and it makes sense that if you use the lower hole to connect the lift rods to the lower links you won't be able to lift the implement as high so Kubota recommends using the upper hole for most applications. They also recommend using the lowest hole in the bracket to connect the top link to the tractor, again to increase range of motion.

I use the lower hole on the lift rods when running the blower. I use the hole that's second from bottom where the top link connects to the tractor, but should probably use the bottom hole. I also have "top-n-tilt" but remove the top cylinder for winter use since I need two remotes to run the chute rotation and deflection. I have the tilt cylinder on the valve with "float" and use the float feature all the time to allow the blower to rotate a little relative to the contact patches of the rear tires to enable it to adjust to off camber conditions.

MX_3-point_linkage.jpg

mx6000_lift_rod.jpg

mx6000_lift_rod (2).jpg

mx6000_top_link.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Yes lift rods is what i was referring to. Saw them called adjustable side link bars somewhere. And the L series rods have 3 holes.
Appreciate the feedback and the nice descriptions on setup options.

So I'll have a little less total lift height on the blower using the btm holes like you do but the blower won't be coming off the ground when I get to the downward pitch in the driveway.
My toplink is currently in the center hole but
will have a look at that when i switch to the bottom holes on the lift rods.