3 point sprayer

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
I am looking for a good 3 point sprayer for my tractor. I don't want to spend tons of cash but also don't want to buy crap either. Any suggestions of good products?
Thanks.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I use a 60 gallon fimco my dad bought and used once or twice, then let it sit for several years. I had to buy a new pump, then rebuilt the old pump. Works fine for me, but I've done a lot of modifications to the plumbing with quick connect banjo fittings and valves so I can disconnect the pump and hook it up separate from the sprayer (or change the pump quicker if one stops working), oil/flush the pump without contaminating the tank, and clean the tank quicker without recirculating what I just washed out. I just recently added a water hook-up so that I can fill it up through the return line instead of filling from the top which causes foaming once the chemical is in there.

Whatever you get make sure you flush the tank and all lines well and put oil in the pump to keep it from rusting.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I debated getting a sprayer for the hitch as well but instead settled on a northern tool 12 volt towable 21 gallon tree sprayer. I've got a small orchard I take care of and although I wouldnt mind a larger tank, I like the fact that I could simply attach it to my atv or my zero turn to get it around and storage has a smaller footprint. I like the sprayer, it shoots pretty far which is great for some of my taller trees and has a 30 foot hose, with a misting option I use for 2 of my gardens. They also have a 2 year warranty.

I used keycode 247196 to get $50 off $250 plus purchase. It's still active. GL

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I bought a 25 gallon that straps on the back of my ATV. Foldable arms and/or a wand. Whatever you get fill it halfway with H2O and spray some pavement to see the pattern. It took me some adjustment to get it set up for full coverage.

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
I have a pasture that is loaded with poison ivy. Need to aggressively spray and try and get ahead of it. Tried goats but they don't eat much of it. They have preferred weeds and it is far down the list.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I have a 15 gallon electric unit, that fits like it was made for my 4' bush hog. Usually you can get the electric units at the end of the season, for about $200 or less. I mounted 1 nozzle, on the tail wheel, on the bush hog, and was able to do 2 jobs, at once. I used mine to get rid of thorny blackberries, in a couple of hayfields, worked like a charm. Only added a little time, to the job, filling the tank, with water and chemical, and I had enough to do, that I used it as a beer break, waiting for the tank to fill...:D:D

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I have a pasture that is loaded with poison ivy. Need to aggressively spray and try and get ahead of it. Tried goats but they don't eat much of it. They have preferred weeds and it is far down the list.
What are you using to kill PI? I have some that I can't get rid off.
Also, I don't want to kill the bushes/shubs around it. Is the stuff your using only kill PI (or does it kill everything like Roundup)?

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
I have been researching this and am going to try Crossbow with Dawn dishwashing detergent. It will kill brush as well but is not suppose to kill pasture. I am going to hand spray a small area as a test patch to see what happens. PI is a pain in the A$$ to get rid of. Nasty stuff.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
Around here we have Himalayan blackberry. We also have an herbicide named Allie (or Ally). It comes in a powder, super concentrated and expensive. Beats Crossbow hands down. Do your research but I bet it will work for ivy.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Crossbow should definitely work on poison ivy. It has 2,4-d and I've been using some herbicide my dad bought and never used that is 2,4-d and it's some powerful stuff. I mix with generic Roundup for spot spraying and pretty much everything I spray dies (including poison ivy), but the trees may need a second application if all the leaves don't get sprayed. I actually plan on using Crossbow once I use up the stuff I have now.