3-point lift speed

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
I looked through the manual but didn't find an answer. You can control the lowering speed of the 3-point hitch on my B7500 by using the flow control under the seat, but is there a corresponding adjustment for raise speed?

Trying to feather the hitch up just slightly while traveling with a back blade full of soil so as to make a smooth transition from pulling material to spreading it is just about impossible with the engine at operating speed. Way too jerky.

This is all internal plumbing, I assume, so there probably isn't an easy way to add in a flow control.

Thanks!

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
I dont know if this is mechanically/hydraulically correct, but I always cycle the implements and FEL all the way up and down before use. It seems to smooth things out. But at high RPM, small adjustments take a very light touch

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I looked through the manual but didn't find an answer. You can control the lowering speed of the 3-point hitch on my B7500 by using the flow control under the seat, but is there a corresponding adjustment for raise speed?

Trying to feather the hitch up just slightly while traveling with a back blade full of soil so as to make a smooth transition from pulling material to spreading it is just about impossible with the engine at operating speed. Way too jerky.

This is all internal plumbing, I assume, so there probably isn't an easy way to add in a flow control.

Thanks!
This is a long shot, but I think on my BX2200 I have what they call a "quarter inching" valve on the 3PH. If I just pull the control lever quickly to the raise position, and release it immediately, I believe the 3PH just moves up slightly, maybe a quarter inch?

Never realized this until after at least 16 years of ownership. I have position control on my B2910, so the 3PH moves up at the rate I move the control lever's position.

I do not think your B7500 has position control, but it might have a quarter inching valve. Or maybe not? Anyone know?

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
I wish I had a hydraulic schematic for the tractor, that would answer all the questions.

Would love to have position control. I thought that was one of the features that made the B series different from the BX, but apparently not on the older models like mine.

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
This is a long shot, but I think on my BX2200 I have what they call a "quarter inching" valve on the 3PH. If I just pull the control lever quickly to the raise position, and release it immediately, I believe the 3PH just moves up slightly, maybe a quarter inch?
I hadn't heard of this before. interesting.

Reactions: 1 user

Oo-v-oO

Equipment
2000 B7500
Oct 31, 2021
Central NH
Found this post from 2005 on the Tractorbynet forums:

I just discovered that the Quarter Inching Valve setup from newer B7510's will install on B7500's. (Well at least the last production run of the B7500's)

First thing to do is look at a B7510 right fender at what is called Assy. guide Lever RH in the parts book. (Which is the plastic part on top of the fender). Look how the 1/4 inching assembly is mounted on the plastic part of the fender. Look at the recessed plastic where the bolts slide to adjust the 1/4 inching.
Now the thing to do is remember exactly what it looks like and then go to your Older B7500 and see if it is identical.
If it is you are in luck! Here are the part #'s from Kubota to install the assembly on your B7500:
Quantity-1----6C190-52140----HOLDER HYD. LEVER UP
Quantity-1----6C190-52160----HOLDER HYD. LEVER DO.
Quantity-2----31351-18790----BOLT FLANGE
Quantity-2----31351-18860----WASHER

Just install the parts the way they are installed on the B7510, adjust and enjoy.

The reason I knew it would not only install on my B7500 but also work is I was looking at the newer B7510 and I asked to try it. I noticed that the whole valve assembly works the same as my B7500.
Install time is under 3 minutes and aprox. another 5 minutes to adjust.

Price was just over $30.00 for the parts.
There were no followup posts so I don't know if this is true or not.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just another possible alternative.

Add a rear remote function. With my box blade, I use my top link cylinder to cut somewhat aggressively, then when the box is full, I tilt the box backwards, so it does not cut, and then I can drag the full box to wherever I want and empty it there.

Very easy and convenient. Because with the hydraulic top link I can easily adjust the cutting angle on the fly, for best results.

So if you get to the point of having to decide between the quarter inching valve modification, or adding a rear remote/hydraulic top link, I personally think the rear remote solution would be the best way to go.

On my B2910, I generally just lower the box blade onto the ground and adjust the cutting angle as needed. No need to worry about where the 3PH is really, even though I do have position control.

Reactions: 1 users