3 Point Hitch Question

spanky

Equipment
Kubota L2550 DT
Sep 16, 2014
Bowmanville, ON. Canada
Hi all ~

New to the board, and pretty new when it comes to tractors too.
When my father passed a few years ago, I inherited the old family homestead, and a Kubota L2550 DT to go with it.
It has a front loader (which I get use out of) and a backhoe (which I don't get use out of). I'm looking to remove the backhoe and attach a 3-point hitch. We have a bush hog, and I'd like to get a snowblower for the coming winter.
I asked a dealer what it would cost for a hitch assembly, and the parts totaled just over $1200 !!
I'm hoping that there has to be something out there cheaper. Can anyone offer any advice on where to find a cheaper 3ph set-up?

Thanks
Spanky

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
While original Kubota parts are best, sometimes you just can't find them. You can try Weaver's (www.compactractorparts.com) and buy new, although they will be aftermarket. You will probably need to know the lift arm length.
Welcome to the forum!

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
The compactractorparts.com looks to be your answer-I doubt if the used would be cheaper then their new. 1200.00 from Kubota vs. <250.00 would make a easy choice for me.

spanky

Equipment
Kubota L2550 DT
Sep 16, 2014
Bowmanville, ON. Canada
While original Kubota parts are best, sometimes you just can't find them. You can try Weaver's (www.compactractorparts.com) and buy new, although they will be aftermarket. You will probably need to know the lift arm length.
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks hodge. Took your advice and ordered from Weavers. Arrived at my door in Canada 2 days later! Just need to get'er up to my farm and see if it fits. If it doesn't, I'm sure I can jerry-rig it to fit!

Next step is to find a decent snowblower. :)