3 point hitch not working

greentruck

Equipment
BX1750
Feb 5, 2013
california
I just bought a bx1750 last month and am trying to work all the bugs out of it. I found a manual and just changed all of the hydraulic fluid, new filter, and replaced the strainer. The strainer was very dirty. It looked like it was plugged up. The transmission seems to work better now, but the up/down lever for the 3 point hitch does not work now. The lever moves freely, but the hydraulics do not move. I have never used the three point as I have no attachments until now. I bought a box blade and would to get it going. The fluid is new and reads correctly on the dipstick. The front loader works great. Any ideas? Thanks for the help, Sam

jbeenemd

Equipment
Kubota L185DT
Sep 30, 2012
Sacville, MO
Sounds like you have some trash in the hydraulic control valve. This is a very common problem. If you can get to and take the valve apart and clean it then you should be OK.

It is located under the housing under the seat in my L185. Should be in a similar location on yours. The lever goes to a shaft that controls that valve.

Jackie

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Depending on how your fel is plumbed in ,the diverted valve may need turning to the tpl position!

Dave

lsenus

Equipment
B7500 mowing snow blowing
Feb 17, 2013
Mason, NH
If the position levers moves more freely than it should i.e. no resistance, then check where the lever attaches to the hydro unit. You may find that a roll pin has broken or fallen out. This pins the lever to the round shaft that activates the 3pt. At least it did on mine. If you need to replace, remember to lock it in with some wire run through the pin and then twisted around the shaft.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
I am assuming you meant bx1850. This tractor has no manual diverter valve so dont worry about that. If you are not familiar with the 3 pt operation, you may need to know the hydraulics on this unit are somewhat slow so rev it up and see if anything improves. If your steering loader and trans work ok that is a good sign. Is the 3 pt stuck up or down? If it is up, check the lowering speed valve located under the seat and be sure it is open. If it is closed it will keep the 3 pt from lowering.