3 point hitch / linkage for BX2200

Spet0789

Equipment
BX2200
Oct 22, 2012
UK
Hi,

My first post on the forum - I have found existing posts very helpful so thanks to all who have posted but am now unsure.

I have a 1000hr BX2200 with 54 inch deck and a collector which I bought used last year. I understand cars and so have been able to do all the fluids and filters on the Kubota but am a complete tractor novice.

I'd like to buy and fit a 3 point hitch in order to use a log splitter and auger. I can see where the top arm and the lower arms would hook up but I can't work out where the lifting linkages attach. I expect there to be two linkages connected to short arms driven by the hydraulics. Looking at the back of the tractor having removed the collector, there is a short arm pointing forwards which raises and lowers the mower deck. This is attached to the right hand side of a horizontal casing on the transmission case (can post pics if useful). On the other end of this casing, where I might expect there to be another arm, is just a blank bolt.

So... do I need to do anything or can I just buy the 3pt hitch and fit it? And if so, how?

Any advice much appreciated!

Tom

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Go to Messick's and you should be able to get a parts diagram sent to you.

Spet0789

Equipment
BX2200
Oct 22, 2012
UK
Thanks both.

By a combination of looking at the pic and looking at the BX2200 parts diagram (had already ordered it on recommendation from this forum!) it looks like my tractor doesn't have the two lift arms (K2561-36072 and 82).

Anyone know if it is common for these to be left off and if these arms can be retrofitted?

Thanks,
Tom

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks both.

By a combination of looking at the pic and looking at the BX2200 parts diagram (had already ordered it on recommendation from this forum!) it looks like my tractor doesn't have the two lift arms (K2561-36072 and 82).

Anyone know if it is common for these to be left off and if these arms can be retrofitted?

Thanks,
Tom
Only time I have seen them removed was to put a back hoe on. I don't think you will have much luck with any non OEM arms.

Spet0789

Equipment
BX2200
Oct 22, 2012
UK
Happy to buy the genuine Kubota parts if that's all I need to do. But before I order them if anyone else has done this or knows what kind of job it is that would be great.

Thanks,
Tom