3 point hitch info

Dieseljunky08

Equipment
Kubota L4240
Jul 13, 2016
Trout run,Pa, US
I'm new to this site and looking for some help, I bought my first tractor awhile back L4240 hst and it came with the backhoe attachment, it has the subframe to attach the hoe. I'm needing to know on what 3 point hitch I need to get for this tractor so I can use the finish mower I bought to cut my grass. Any info would be great. Thanks

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge

If you are missing all of three point items, be prepared for $1500-2500 price tag for all of the items. FYI the picture is missing the top link!

Pat

Last edited:

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Any dealer will be happy to take your money and order a new factory set of 3 point links. Sometimes they show up on EBay, etc, but you have to be patient and keep looking. And there are tractor salvage yards the sell used parts. Again, you have to do some snooping on the internet to find one that has Kubotas and a comparable model.

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
They are sized for the model series of tractor. So you're looking for ones suitable for the "L" series or, preferably, "Grand L" Kubota models. I think the 3 point setup on the Grand L's remained the same for the 30, 40 and 60 series.

There are a bunch of generic linkage kits on Ebay at the moment that claim to fit several brands of compact tractors, including Kubota. These are quite a bit less costly and somewhat less refined than the genuine Kubota linkages. I don't see any being promoted on Ebay right now that look to be the right size for your L4240. The generic kits may or may not be suitable for your tractor... you might score a bargain or find out you need to send them back. If it were my tractor, I'd keep looking for the correct OEM ones.

Assuming the original linkages got orphaned from the tractor at some point... no chance a previous owner would still have them? And if the tractor came to you from a dealer, the linkages should have come as part of the purchase, I'd think.

compound2

Equipment
2000 kubota L39 MFWD utility tractor
Aug 1, 2016
albuquerque new mexico
I am looking for a 3 point hitch for my L39 utility tractor. Is there a chance that a after market would fit this model. No luck so far for a used unit. Tom