3 point and control valve

b454rat

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 10, 2022
Windsor NY
I have an early B7100, and need 3 point hitch stuff. Pretty much the whole thing. Everything was bent when I bought it, and had another mystery set up that got bent when got buried in the mud. I called Weavers and they didn't have anything. Is there a universal set that will work?

Next question, the control valve is getting worn out. It has a single lever, and when curling the bucket back it lowers the bucket then lifts the front of the tractor. Once warm I can't get down pressure. Seemed it only did it once, when it was stuck. Other than that the hydraulics are strong. what is weird is it has 2 high pressure lines going into the valve. I'm not sure why, but Im no expert. Dealer is pretty much worthless, only telling me the original is NLA. I have the pics on phone, but what numbers are there, couldn't find anything doing a search. So, what valve is compatible??

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have an early B7100, and need 3 point hitch stuff. Pretty much the whole thing. Everything was bent when I bought it, and had another mystery set up that got bent when got buried in the mud. I called Weavers and they didn't have anything. Is there a universal set that will work?

Next question, the control valve is getting worn out. It has a single lever, and when curling the bucket back it lowers the bucket then lifts the front of the tractor. Once warm I can't get down pressure. Seemed it only did it once, when it was stuck. Other than that the hydraulics are strong. what isyour loadervis npt weird is it has 2 high pressure lines going into the valve. I'm not sure why, but Im no expert. Dealer is pretty much worthless, only telling me the original is NLA. I have the pics on phone, but what numbers are there, couldn't find anything doing a search. So, what valve is compatible??
If curling the bucket lowers and then lifts the tractor the valve is not properly plumbed. Is the loader running off the tractor hydrraulics or does it have its own pump?

Dan

b454rat

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 10, 2022
Windsor NY
It runs off the tractor's hydraulics. The hydraulics are fine, it's the valve. I could try n take the single stick off and try it individually n see how that goes. But I don't get why it has 2 hi pressure lines going in.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It does not have two IN lines. It has one IN and two OUT. Your problem is most lilelu hoses going to the wrong places. Post a couple pictures of the valve and we will get you started in the right direction.

Dan

daredevil1166

Mar 10, 2024
Oregon
Can you post a picture of the control lever/valve? A lot of aftermarket loaders were installed on b7100's so it would be nice to see exactly what you have.

That being said it is common for the lever, yoke, and pins on the valve handle to wear and do exactly what you describe.

You think you are just curling the bucket, but it will also stroke the lift/lower spool when you move the lever to the left.

I'd suggest removing the lever cover and watching the 2 spools to make sure the lift/lower spool is not moving when you curl the bucket.
If it does, it is an external mechanical issue. If the lift/lower spool stays rock solid you have more complicated issues.

If you want to get an idea of what wears on these valves I have a video about repairing mine.

Don't watch the whole thing(it's terrible) but if you watch the first 30 seconds you can see what commonly wears.

I would guess you have the same issue but worse.

b454rat

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 10, 2022
Windsor NY
I'll have to get the forum on my phone, that way I can take pics n post easier than emailing them to myself, saving to computer, etc. But there is block on the side of the tractor, can't think what its called, there was a guy making them to add another function, so it is pressure, there are 2 lines coming off that, both going to the valve. And one return going to the trans or pump or where ever it goes.

But now that you mention it, I do think it is in the control itself, not inside the valve. I'm gonna be outta town for next couple days, but I'll take the single lever off and see how it works.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'll have to get the forum on my phone, that way I can take pics n post easier than emailing them to myself, saving to computer, etc. But there is block on the side of the tractor, can't think what its called, there was a guy making them to add another function, so it is pressure, there are 2 lines coming off that, both going to the valve. And one return going to the trans or pump or where ever it goes.

But now that you mention it, I do think it is in the control itself, not inside the valve. I'm gonna be outta town for next couple days, but I'll take the single lever off and see how it works.
I am one of the guys that made those blocks.

The right most port is pressure IN to the loader valve.

The leftmost hose is pressure OUT from the loader valve (power beyond).

Dan

daredevil1166

Mar 10, 2024
Oregon

That extra block is generally known as a third function. It is just looped into the system in series and isn't likely contributing to your issue. It could be before or after the loader valve in the circuit depending on how it was built.

You are half correct. There are 2 pressure lines but only 1 is an inlet.

I'll try to explain without getting too far in the weeds.

There are as stated 1 inlet to the loader valve and 2 outlets.
The inlet is of course pressure. 1 of the outlets(power beyond) is a pressure line going to the rest of the system(usually the 3 point) allowing pressure to be used further down. The other line is a return to the tank(transmission case) where the used fluid dumps back.

Hopefully that clears it up a little.

b454rat

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 10, 2022
Windsor NY
So got the control valve (maybe) figured out, but what about 3 point hitch? I think really only need the lower arms, but prolly just get another kit.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So got the control valve (maybe) figured out, but what about 3 point hitch? I think really only need the lower arms, but prolly just get another kit.
Just wait until you see the price for a 3pt hitch kit!:(

b454rat

Equipment
B7100HST
Dec 10, 2022
Windsor NY
From what the dealer said it's NLA. I didn't really plan on an OEM one anyways, just something so I can use the mower....