3 Cylinder Gas. Cannot find the timing mark on the "rear end plate". WSM terminology.

DLStryker

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas, TX
Had to replace the distributor on my 3 cylinder gas WG752 engine. I can see the timing mark on the flywheel, but I cannot find the timing mark on the "rear end plate" (WSM terminology).

Attached is a pic of the are where the WSM says the timing mark on the rear end plate is located.

Anyone have any idea how to locate the timing mark on the rear end plate?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, maybe the OTHER side 'rear end plate' has the marks on it ??
Have to assume the hole is where the timing light shines onto the flywheel....

I copied the picture, zooooooomed it up, can't see ANY stamping for TDC,nBTDC on it,that's why I'd check the other side....

DLStryker

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the response GreensvilleJay. I'm going to get up, go out to get some breakfast and then I'll take a look at your suggestion. The WSM seems to be pointing right to the area of where I took the pic. I will look on the other side like you said. I will also add a pic from the WSM to my post.

DLStryker

Aug 29, 2021
Dallas, TX
OK. I checked the other side of the engine. For sure cannot have the timing mark on that side of the engine. Cannot see the flywheel or "rear end plate" due to starter in the way.

The attached pic (Pic2) is a pic of the other side. I think all will agree that is not the side for the timing mark on the rear end plate. Additionally, when I plug the timing light in, the timing mark from the flywheel is showing in the same area as Pic1 in my original post.

WSM Timing 1 attached is a pic of the flywheel, rear end plate and timing mark.
WSM Timing 2 attached is a pic of the instructions for the timing mark.

Thanks in advance for help. I cannot, for the life of me, locate a timing mark. I can on the flywheel.. no problem. I just cannot find the corresponding mark on the rear end plate.

Attachments