2nd problem with R-14 Tires!

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
@Mountainhill you could always find another set of the check links/chains and modify them to use the drawbar as the attachment point. Asuming that its on the same plane as the 3pt pins. Get creative! That will allow a nice offset for yourself.
I don’t currently own any implements that attach to a drawbar, nor do I own a drawbar. My implements attach to the sway bars, on 3-point hitch, with the R-14 tires, these sway bars had to centered or very close, otherwise the tensioning turnbuckle would rub on the tires and not allow to offset a rear implement, box blade in my case.

I now have R-1 (Ag) tires, thanks to Ron at Halifax Kubota. If you plan on putting implements on the back of your tractor R-1 Tires is the only way to go. Works for Farmers! 2EC08B6F-FFF4-4248-AE28-509594B6051A.jpeg 1A31AEFD-AA0F-4FF9-B356-1ADA5012969A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Kamado

Equipment
L35
Feb 1, 2022
CT
Gotcha. Drawbar to me is where a trailer would attach. Draw hitch maybe ?? Anyhow see attached pic of what i mean. You are still triangulated and could adjust the implement to your needs without the adjustment knuckle being a worry.

Attachments

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Im a slight stickler for terminology but even I see the names of the 3pt arms as a little too 'unsettled' to expect everyone to have it down. You hear things like draw arms, lift arms, lift links, side links, 3pt arms, drawbar, etc, and there are several of those that have overlap with some other things but not with something else, etc.

I'm sure many have a better grasp of the 'best practice' terms than me, but i call them 'lower arms' or 'draw arms'. What people usually call a side link i call a lift link because it's less vague. I take 3pt arms to be referring to the lower arms because it seems everyone is pretty consistent on calling the top link a link and not an arm, so even though there are a lot of '3pt arms', i feel it pretty clearly refers to the lower ones. My .02..

There's also rockshaft arms, doesn't come up much but i can't imagine what goofy misnomers have been invented for those!

I've seen many styles of stabilizers that mounted in different places, but if someone would rather constrain their tire choices than redesign their stabilizers i get that. I can't leave anything alone so once the design of something bothers me a little im headstrong into changing it.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
clipped
I'm sure many have a better grasp of the 'best practice' terms than me, but i call them 'lower arms' or 'draw arms'. What people usually call a side link i call a lift link because it's less vague. I take 3pt arms to be referring to the lower arms because it seems everyone is pretty consistent on calling the top link a link and not an arm, so even though there are a lot of '3pt arms', i feel it pretty clearly refers to the lower ones. My .02..
My 2 cents. Per my Kubota user's manual.
First owner circled lifting rod for some reason

3pt.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I haven’t ever seen a box blade designed to be offset like a rear blade is designed to do. Most people run wider box blades than their rear wheels to deal with that issue.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Im a slight stickler for terminology but even I see the names of the 3pt arms as a little too 'unsettled' to expect everyone to have it down. You hear things like draw arms, lift arms, lift links, side links, 3pt arms, drawbar, etc, and there are several of those that have overlap with some other things but not with something else, etc.

There's also rockshaft arms, doesn't come up much but i can't imagine what goofy misnomers have been invented for those!

I've seen many styles of stabilizers that mounted in different places, but if someone would rather constrain their tire choices than redesign their stabilizers i get that. I can't leave anything alone so once the design of something bothers me a little im headstrong into changing it.

Often, "stabilizers" on TLB's are mis-described as "outriggers".

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don’t currently own any implements that attach to a drawbar, nor do I own a drawbar. My implements attach to the sway bars, on 3-point hitch, with the R-14 tires, these sway bars had to centered or very close, otherwise the tensioning turnbuckle would rub on the tires and not allow to offset a rear implement, box blade in my case.

I now have R-1 (Ag) tires, thanks to Ron at Halifax Kubota. If you plan on putting implements on the back of your tractor R-1 Tires is the only way to go. Works for Farmers! View attachment 93562 View attachment 93561
All implements I have used on my MX work very well with my R4 tires.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
All implements I have used on my MX work very well with my R4 tires.
Agreed…only issue I have with implements is backho subframe in the way (only on narrow cat 1 stuff that the QH doesn’t mate to). tires have not been an issue.

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
I guess the rest of us should sell all our attachments. :D
My point was, if the primary use of tractor is attachments on the 3-point hitch, than yes, R-1 tires, due to the width, allow for the most adjustment of the attachments. If buying a new tractor I would like to know this, so I can make an informed decision. If your doing more fel work then, yes, a wider/ stronger ( more plys ?) tire may be best for you?
As far as your attachments, I’d hang on to them. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
My point was, if the primary use of tractor is attachments on the 3-point hitch, than yes, R-1 tires, due to the width, allow for the most adjustment of the attachments.
True that R1s give you more width if you aren't using a Quick Hitch. However, if you are using a Quick Hitch with compatible implements, you are limited by the Quick Hitch width. Once the Quick Hitch is installed, width is fixed.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
My point was, if the primary use of tractor is attachments on the 3-point hitch, than yes, R-1 tires, due to the width, allow for the most adjustment of the attachments. If buying a new tractor I would like to know this, so I can make an informed decision. If your doing more fel work then, yes, a wider/ stronger ( more plys ?) tire may be best for you?
As far as your attachments, I’d hang on to them. Just my opinion.
I think a lot of us have pointed out that we use our 3ph implements with R4 tires and have no issues. In fact I’ve never heard of this issue before. I used to have a small JD tractor about the size of a Kubota B series and R4 tires. I never had that issue with the smaller tractor either.