2750D snowblower bearings

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
The auger bearings at the sides of the snowblower are failing, in that the integrated locking collars have cracked and the missing segment contains one of the locking allen set screws. I would like to replace both, but have them in hand before disassembling the snowblower. It is still functional, and having it dismantled and waiting for parts is an open invitation to a snow storm.
So, my question is, does anybody know what the generic part number is for this bearing? Once I have that, it can be ordered locally, rather than from the dealer who is over 120km away. Also, the number of the main bearing for the shaft that the blower sits on would be handy for ordering a replacement as well.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Suggest you include BX2750D as the model of your blower. Otherwise trying to find parts will be difficult!

The bearing for the auger is generally called a flanged bearing. The two flanges which hold the bearing at each end of the auger have three bolts holding the two flanges so that they clamp the bearing between the two flanges. The flanges have coned surfaces and the bearing has a rounded outer shape which self centers in the two flanges.

Messicks sells one bearing for approx $16. Coleman Equipment is a couple of $ less. The flanges can be reused.

You can order on line from either of these companies and know you are getting a quality bearing.

The flanged bearing is part #70060-70338

If you really have to buy locally, measure the shaft diameter and take one flange with you. These bearings are not "high tech." and any bearing place should be able to supply you with one.

I suggest you go to the Messicks site and get some practice looking up exploded parts diagrams.

Messicks

I am not clear on the other bearing you are seeking.

Perhaps you can find it on this exploded parts diagram.

forum BX2750D exploded.jpg

Dave