2650B Rear differantial lock

Bobjones

Equipment
B2650
Sep 24, 2014
Mid Canada
The rear differantial lock does not allways hold. I press the diff lock pedal with me heal but it does not always hold wheels locked. It sometimes make a grinding noise. I checked for debris under the pedal, it was clean and I get full travel. There is no adjustment on the linkage. Any ideas?
Regards, Bobjones.:confused:

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
It is just not an exact system, Make sure you are going straight, try it BEFORE you are stuck to get a feel for it..

Most of the time I can hit it the first try, :) I have to really push with my heel to get it and feel it lock in...

Honestly I used mine for real for the very first time last week in the snow, I had tried it a few times to figure it out when I got this tractor..

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Like sixgun said - make sure you're going STRAIGHT - diff lock isn't for turning. That might explain your occasional grinding noise if you're trying to engage while turning. Auntie's new B2440 with a mere 2 hrs. on the clock is difficult to engage.

Bobjones

Equipment
B2650
Sep 24, 2014
Mid Canada
Tried all the ideas but still no positive lock. More luck on forward than reverse. Will be bringing it back to dealer, it's still on warranty.
Thanks for the input, Bobjones
:confused: