2501 will not start.

netsomnia

Equipment
L2501 tractor, with BB1260 box blade, LA525 loader, and RCF2060 cutter
Jan 30, 2022
Missouri
I bought my 2022 2501 in March and hoping this fixes my starting issue. I have the front bucket buried in a pile of rock on a slight hillside and need power to get it out. I will let everyone know if this was the problem:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Did not watch the video. But assume you mean the starter does not turn the engine, so the engine obviously can not start.

If you explain your issue without expecting people to watch a video and try to figure out what is going on with your tractor, it might get you some good advice...

Just a suggestion...hope you solve your issue quickly.

Actually, you might just be promoting the video to begin with...if so, thumbs down on that...

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I bought my 2022 2501 in March and hoping this fixes my starting issue. I have the front bucket buried in a pile of rock on a slight hillside and need power to get it out. I will let everyone know if this was the problem:
I did watch the video as I have a L2501 HST also and like to learn the potential trouble spots, thanks for posting!

Note; I believe that netsomnia is not needing or wanting to promote the video, its a older video and doubt it is even his, but just wanted to pass on his experience with his tractor and potential fix.

netsomnia

Equipment
Jan 30, 2022
Missouri
This youtube video was very accurate for my problem, which was that it clicks as normal when I turn the key, the lights stay bright, but the engine does not turnover, and the solution in the video worked!

The solution: I was able to stand next to my tractor, reach above the HST pedal where it actuates the mechanical plunger switch and move the plunger switch with my finger a few times. My tractor started immediately after I got back in the seat and retried. Good ole Youtube videos save the day again!

NOTE: This are also non-biased comments that go with this video about switch position adjustments that can be made to solve this problem permanently.

Last edited:

netsomnia

Equipment
Jan 30, 2022
Missouri
Did not watch the video. But assume you mean the starter does not turn the engine, so the engine obviously can not start.

If you explain your issue without expecting people to watch a video and try to figure out what is going on with your tractor, it might get you some good advice...

Just a suggestion...hope you solve your issue quickly.

Actually, you might just be promoting the video to begin with...if so, thumbs down on that...
"hope you solve your issue quickly". Thanks Henro. The video did such a good job of explaining the same issue that I had, and I wanted to keep it simple here for others who are in a pinch. You know? Quick reference and keep it simple before we over complicate the problem.

After all, my tractor has low hours and there wasn't any reason for me to think otherwise. The tried and true KISS advice that I received in tech school in the 80's came in play for me here.

netsomnia

Equipment
Jan 30, 2022
Missouri
I did watch the video as I have a L2501 HST also and like to learn the potential trouble spots, thanks for posting!

Note; I believe that netsomnia is not needing or wanting to promote the video, its a older video and doubt it is even his, but just wanted to pass on his experience with his tractor and potential fix.
"I believe that netsomnia is not needing or wanting to promote the video, its a older video and doubt it is even his, but just wanted to pass on his experience with his tractor and potential fix. "

Hi Ken - You nailed it and the video was spot on too! Thanks for your support while I worked through it. Now we have another proven solution for our fellow orange tractor owners here.

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Seems like a pretty bad video. The thread I started has more info along with the fix for me. I can't think of any reason why you'd need to buy another part.

netsomnia

Equipment
Jan 30, 2022
Missouri
Seems like a pretty bad video. The thread I started has more info along with the fix for me. I can't think of any reason why you'd need to buy another part.

Thanks for the details. I appreciate it.