2023 L3302 no crank

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
My L3302 with 40 hours won't turn over. I have checked the battery, Ground, fuses, main and slow blow, Seat, pto, hydrostatic control pedal, parking brake, switches. Still nothing. Oil pressure light and battery light are on. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My L3302 with 40 hours won't turn over. I have checked the battery, Ground, fuses, main and slow blow, Seat, pto, hydrostatic control pedal, parking brake, switches. Still nothing. Oil pressure light and battery light are on. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
Dollars to donuts its one of the things you have already checked.

Double triple check all of the starter interlocks.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky

Dann
Thanks for the reply and your time. I have checked them at least 2 times. I agree this is the likely issue. i have searched the topic many places and everyone says the safety controls signals are the issue. One additional note the 5 amp Starter (ST) fuse in the block goes hot with the key turned to start and goes off when the key is released.

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky

Dan
Do you know where the Main ECU is located on the tractor. I can verify the wiring from the pin out on the Main ECU?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
simple test...
can you jumper the starter +12 to the 'start lug' and get the starter to spin ?

if so battery is good, it's 'something' between battery and the 'start lug'.
If possible get the WSM for the wiring diagram !! otherwise you can spend hours chasing the wrong problem !!

Reactions: 1 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
My 2 cents, and I get the wanting to fix it yourself thing, but a 2023 with 40 hours should be under warranty.

Reactions: 2 users

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
My 2 cents, and I get the wanting to fix it yourself thing, but a 2023 with 40 hours should be under warranty.
I agree. However its out in the boonies. I only have one tractor, so i am trying to fix it or else i have to find a transport etc.. Thanks for the time.

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
simple test...
can you jumper the starter +12 to the 'start lug' and get the starter to spin ?

if so battery is good, it's 'something' between battery and the 'start lug'.
If possible get the WSM for the wiring diagram !! otherwise you can spend hours chasing the wrong problem !!
Yes i have the WSM and it is helpful. I will try the jumper on the starter. I am leaning toward a relay under the rear bonnet. Thanks for your reply and time.

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
Do you know where the Main ECU is located on the tractor. I can verify the wiring from the pin out on the Main ECU?
I found the Main ECU. Square behind the steering wheel under the rear bonnet. Has the pins in and receives the safety control signals? I am trashed trying to figure this out. Leaning toward a relay? I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your kindness and time. I will reply with the solution when i find it.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Thanks for the reply and your time. I have checked them at least 2 times. I agree this is the likely issue. i have searched the topic many places and everyone says the safety controls signals are the issue. One additional note the 5 amp Starter (ST) fuse in the block goes hot with the key turned to start and goes off when the key is released.
Interesting. The fuse gets hot but doesn't blow? It kinda makes me think that the starter solenoid or starter has an issue.

See @GreensvilleJay 's note for a quick test/jump of the starter. Do you know how to do that?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Interesting. The fuse gets hot but doesn't blow? It kinda makes me think that the starter solenoid or starter has an issue.

See @GreensvilleJay 's note for a quick test/jump of the starter. Do you know how to do that?
If the L3301 is anything like my L3901 getting to those contacts is not.as simple as opening the hood. When mine was dead I took a quick look and decided it was not worth the effort.

Dan

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
Hey I know you’re right. I don’t even want to go through it. However I have studied the parts breakdown and schematics. That is helping me too. Even though it’s under warranty I want to know what I have enough to fix most things myself in the field so the exercises are valuable and when I find the issue I may make Kubota do that work. I am making a video of my work for documentation so I can remember what I did. Thanks for your time..😉

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
Hey I know you’re right. I don’t even want to go through it. However I have studied the parts breakdown and schematics. That is helping me too. Even though it’s under warranty I want to know what I have enough to fix most things myself in the field so the exercises are valuable and when I find the issue I may make Kubota do that work. I am making a video of my work for documentation so I can remember what I did. Thanks for your time..😉

Dan
I got it fixed. Started right up. The wire from the starter relay unit to the starter was a bad crimp on the started end. 50/50 contact. Fixed the crimp and bingo. Thanks for your help. 😇

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
Did you jumper the starter as suggested? Results?
I got it fixed. Started right up. The wire from the starter relay unit to the starter was a bad crimp on the started end. 50/50 contact. Fixed the crimp and bingo. Thanks for your help. 😇

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
Thanks to everyone for the help. I am just learning farm life and tractor talk hope this thanks everyone.
2023 L3302 Nocrank = Bad crimp on starter relay connection to the starter solenoid. Not enough copper vs plastic.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Thanks for updating us. It's always nice to hear the results/conclusions when someone has a problem.

Winkeye

Equipment
L3302
Mar 19, 2024
Kentucky
I replied to this before but I can’t find my reply. The problem was the starter relay wire had a bad crimp. Thanks for you help.