2022 Kubota LX2610 jerky

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Jerkiness might be relative to what you are comparing it too. All three orange machines that I have owned to me seem normal, guess…they are very similar…the MX seems to be a little jerky at speed but that is due to the bounce and shitty seat on it. I would consider them responsive. I also rarely use the break. Spousal unit thinks they are jerky but she has a much different style of driving which I don’t believe anyone ever accused her of being a smooth driver…there is no safe drinking of coffee in a car truck or tractor if she is driving. So it may be relative. Maybe compare to another similar tractor and see if feels the same or very different. Remember the electric track race cars we had as kids with the trigger control…some kids were smoother than others…may just need some time doing delicate work and things will smooth out. I also very rarely move the tractor out of low…it seems jerky to me in mid though. Personally I think drive by wire in new cars has ruined peoples touch with the accelerator pedal…I’d much rather have some feedback which helps in smooth. Without comparing to a similar tractor side by side it’s hard for anyone to say I think…IMO. As far as the loaders the MX is most certainly smoother than the B or BX I used to have.

Reactions: 1 user

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
95+ hours on LX SU - no problems with the FEL controls/response or any lurching with the transmission. I have leveled 3 sites with the FEL and box blade (largest 30x30 feet) and moved/spread over 85 tons of gravel on the sites and driveway.
We must just be Lucky

evergreen

Equipment
LX2610, york rake, loader, grapple, woodmaxx8h chipper
Sep 12, 2022
Connecticut
I kind of agree about the jerkiness issue on the LX2610. It's my first tractor, so I don't have much to compare it to (other than my sister's M series.) I've had some luck with a *very* light touch on the FEL, but I'm still working on getting the right feel for the HST pedal. Sometimes, when I need to just creep along, it will jump a bit. Usually at just the wrong moment.

I suppose the solution is experience. Practice makes perfect.

Reactions: 1 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
2022 LX2610, 1963 JD4010, 1975 Ford backhoe, 1996 Toro 223D, 1999 Toro Groun325D
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
I kind of agree about the jerkiness issue on the LX2610. It's my first tractor, so I don't have much to compare it to (other than my sister's M series.) I've had some luck with a *very* light touch on the FEL, but I'm still working on getting the right feel for the HST pedal. Sometimes, when I need to just creep along, it will jump a bit. Usually at just the wrong moment.

I suppose the solution is experience. Practice makes perfect.
The jerkiness is beyond annoying. It's extremely dangerous.
My friend returned his LX2610.

If this machine was mine it would have been returned.

The belly mower is a nightmare. It took from March to August and several trips to the dealership to get it mounted correctly so stuff didn't bend - at least I hope so.
It's been sitting unused when we needed it. Because the deck hangers were never installed properly. We finally got it back a few days ago.
I hope it's good to go now.

I wouldn't recommend a belly mower for a LX2610.
Ours was ordered because I'm not very twisty anymore.
We should have got a pull behind and mirrors &/or camera.

They should make a mower to mount out front.

Kubota corporate weas zero help. All they be said was. To contact the Dealership.

I'll never buy Kubota again

Last edited:

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Our new. 2022 LX2610 seems very jerky. Try as we may to be gentle on the controls the loader and forward and reverse seem very jerky. It's a good thing we had the sprayer strapped to the forks or my wife might have flipped it clean over the back of the tractor. Just trying to roll it back a might.
There are two ways you can use that foot pedal. One way, where you put your whole foot on the pedal, is prone to being jerky and tricky to control. The other way, where you put your heel on the floor and press gently with your toe to go forward (just like the gas pedal in your car), gives great control. Of course you have to shift your foot a bit to back up that way, but it works well for most operators. If you're doing the whole foot on the pedal thing, try the other method. Maybe it will help.

Reactions: 3 users

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
There are two ways you can use that foot pedal. One way, where you put your whole foot on the pedal, is prone to being jerky and tricky to control. The other way, where you put your heel on the floor and press gently with your toe to go forward (just like the gas pedal in your car), gives great control. Of course you have to shift your foot a bit to back up that way, but it works well for most operators. If you're doing the whole foot on the pedal thing, try the other method. Maybe it will help.
The biggest complaint was the roll and tilt on the loader.

I'm hoping they got that fixed. We just got the machine back from the dealership a few days ago.

Hoping everything is good to go now

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
The biggest complaint was the roll and tilt on the loader.

I'm hoping they got that fixed. We just got the machine back from the dealership a few days ago.

Hoping everything is good to go now
Hopefully the dealer has got it sorted out. You can find a wide variety of loader controls being used on various equipment. As you would expect, the more refined controls cost more. Both of my Kubotas had nice controls that readily made fine and combination movements even with heavy loads, with the Grand L being much smoother than the little BX. You are right to expect that from yours also.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Just a thought, but the loader control stick is a long one, and it's connected to a valve 'box' at the bottom end; it may be useful to attempt to lubricate the valve box with some type of spray lubricant to ease any 'jerky' movement of the valves contained within it.

Check your owner's manual for the valve lubrication procedure; your tractor may have sat out in the sales yard for a period prior to purchase & delivery, I guess it's possible that contaminants got in there & fudged things up. Good luck! (y)

Reactions: 1 users

evergreen

Equipment
LX2610, york rake, loader, grapple, woodmaxx8h chipper
Sep 12, 2022
Connecticut
Our new. 2022 LX2610 seems very jerky. Try as we may to be gentle on the controls the loader and forward and reverse seem very jerky. It's a good thing we had the sprayer strapped to the forks or my wife might have flipped it clean over the back of the tractor. Just trying to roll it back a might.

My wife is used to me on other equipment and keeps getting to close when I am operating this machine. Causing me to yell at her.

Had 2 friends run it with the same opinions on the jerkiness of operation.

Are all Kubotas like this?

Is there a fix?

Other than toting the sprayer around for a few hours yesterday, we have maybe 1/2 hour on the machine. Mostly getting it out of the shed so they could take it back to the dealership and unloading it when they bring it back.
Yes - I'm my LX2610 is my first tractor, so I thought the lurching at low speed was operator error. I've now got 200 hrs on it and realize it's the machine. I ve seen other posts like this one. One of them said the issue is with springs in the HST that need adjustment. My dealers first suggestion was to lube the pedal. But that didnt solve the problem. Working on a better solution, but may have to take this to Kubota to resolve,

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Yes - I'm my LX2610 is my first tractor, so I thought the lurching at low speed was operator error. I've now got 200 hrs on it and realize it's the machine. I ve seen other posts like this one. One of them said the issue is with springs in the HST that need adjustment. My dealers first suggestion was to lube the pedal. But that didnt solve the problem. Working on a better solution, but may have to take this to Kubota to resolve,
This is a warranty issue and the tractors should not be sent out operating as such.

My wife paid $30,000 for a tractor, so I wouldn't have to work on it.
In the first place, I don't have time for any repairs whatsoever.
I damn sure am not going to do with less sleep and try to push myself to do warranty work.
When I'm tired, I can screw some stuff. Up.
I would make the dealer fix it. No tractor should be sent out operating like that

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
This is a warranty issue and the tractors should not be sent out operating as such.

My wife paid $30,000 for a tractor, so I wouldn't have to work on it.
In the first place, I don't have time for any repairs whatsoever.
I damn sure am not going to do with less sleep and try to push myself to do warranty work.
When I'm tired, I can screw some stuff. Up.

I would make the dealer fix it. No tractor should be sent out operating like that
My 2017 was my first new HST tractor. I did not have experience with new loader controls either. I found the loader controls "jerky" too at first.

I've got almost 1000 hours on it now and couldn't be happier with the loader controls performance.
My take is yours is a brand new machine and will need some working hours on the loader for controls to wear in. Let it break in for 50 hours. Make sure the loader valve mechanism is lubricated well, I use Fluid Film.

Also, the bucket dump action, with lever movment to the right, has 2 positions for the lever - up to the indent the flow is at a high rate, the with but limited or no down force. Then past the indent the second position controls a slow flow rate under hydraulic pressure. That can seem like a loss of control if you're not used to it.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This is a long shot, but have all the lube locations been greased and verified that grease is reaching both ends of the related pin? Kubota has been known to paint over some zerks which can prevent grease from reaching the needed locations.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
My 2017 was my first new HST tractor. I did not have experience with new loader controls either. I found the loader controls "jerky" too at first.

I've got almost 1000 hours on it now and couldn't be happier with the loader controls performance.
My take is yours is a brand new machine and will need some working hours on the loader for controls to wear in. Let it break in for 50 hours. Make sure the loader valve mechanism is lubricated well, I use Fluid Film.

Also, the bucket dump action, with lever movment to the right, has 2 positions for the lever - up to the indent the flow is at a high rate, the with but limited or no down force. Then past the indent the second position controls a slow flow rate under hydraulic pressure. That can seem like a loss of control if you're not used to it.
I've been operating equipment for 50 years.
I know how good controls feel. These controls are crap

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
This is a long shot, but have all the lube locations been greased and verified that grease is reaching both ends of the related pin? Kubota has been known to paint over some zerks which can prevent grease from reaching the needed locations.
It has less than 7 hours on it. I haven't lubed anything.
I usually only have limited time to get anything productive done on any given day. I always have to pick and choose what I'm going to try and do.

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
I find my b2650 loader controller to be jerky as well….very hard to get slow incremental movements out of it at times, my JD2305 is much smoother. Was thinking of posting to the forum if there was a way to soften the loader valve actions….then this thread came up, guess not.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
I find my b2650 loader controller to be jerky as well….very hard to get slow incremental movements out of it at times, my JD2305 is much smoother. Was thinking of posting to the forum if there was a way to soften the loader valve actions….then this thread came up, guess not.
I consider the LX2610, dangerous.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I've been operating equipment for 50 years.
I know how good controls feel. These controls are crap
I guess it's too bad you didn't manage to test drive one before spending all those $ on "crap" controls and a "dangerous" machine.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
I guess it's too bad you didn't manage to test drive one before spending all those $ on "crap" controls and a "dangerous" machine.
The dealership apparently made some adjustments. I used it today and it was much better. It should never have been sent out as it was.
I was in LaLa land when it was bought. Still am half the time.

jrsavoie

Equipment
May 3, 2011
Clifton, Illinois
Yes it is.
I've ran a lot of different equipment over the years and just never imagined that a reputable company would put out something that crappy.
I've never ran anything that I couldn't put up with.

It's not just a Kubota thing. Nothing seems to last like it used to. From appliances to tractors

I hear people happy about getting 2 or 300,000 miles on a expensive diesel trucks.

They should be getting at least 500,000 miles for the money.

A lot of issues are EPA related. The rest are bean counter related.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Well just to add some context, it appears that the vast majority of LX owners are pleased with their machines as delivered; I know that I am in that camp - 1.5 years and about 120 hours later.

Unfortunately it seems that your LX needed some adjustment by your dealer, and it has been done. You indicate that you are now satisfied with your LX.

Although I am sure that your experience was frustrating, it is not an indictment of the LX's design or manufacturing. People and machines interact differently. I find the controls on my LX to function very well; you might not agree if you used my LX. I have seen people with decades of experience running equipment that are very forceful with their manipulation of controls, and I have seen people operating equipment for the first time being very smooth and gentle with the controls. Most times, it is the other way around.

Glad that your dealer was able to adjust your LX to your liking; I am sure you will enjoy it for decades to come.

Reactions: 2 users