2019 B2601 to get Quick Connect FEL

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Agree. The single lever manifold looks really useful to me - fiddling around with each hose, stretched over the corner of the FEL frame, isn't ideal. I can do it, but I don't love it.

Conversely, I see no problem with the current stand, and the new stand that you can do from your seat looks more prone to jamming or sticking. And I like the old pull out pivot pins, they seemed very solid. The new hook type arrangement from the videos looks less robust to me.

If I could just have the single manifold and not the rest, I'd probably be happier. But progress is progress.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
Ive heard many stories of people having leaking (seeping) issues with the single manifold setup after some hrs of usage. As much as i like the idea of it, i feel that individual connection are a superior connection.
My only grip with the individual connections are those pioneer fittings. Im not a fan of them at all. Ive added all flat face couples to my tractor and implements.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That is a good idea too groomerbuck.....change them all to flat face couplers. That way they would never be tough to connect.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Ive heard many stories of people having leaking (seeping) issues with the single manifold setup after some hrs of usage. As much as i like the idea of it, i feel that individual connection are a superior connection.
My only grip with the individual connections are those pioneer fittings. Im not a fan of them at all. Ive added all flat face couples to my tractor and implements.
Both my L6060 and M9960 have single lever manifolds for the FEL.

No leaks either one.

Also once owned a NH T4050 Deluxe with single lever manifold. No leaks.

Indeed, no drips when connecting/disconnecting any.

The single lever manifolds use flat faced couplings. Connect/disconnect under pressure.

SDT

Juicemanr4

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, LP rotory cuttee
Mar 25, 2019
Broadalbin
New to the forum, 1st post. I'm getting the B2601-01 with quick connect FEL delivered tomorrow. Played with it at the dealer a little today seems like a slick feature. Not sure how often the loader will actually come off but for a few hundred extra bucks why not...;)

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I now always take off my loader for mowing. Or more accurately, put the loader on whenever I'm not mowing, since I mow twice a week and do other tasks every couple of weeks.

Two main reasons:
- weight. The tractor drives much better mowing without the loader, and seems to chew the lawn a bit less
- breaking things. I mow close to the house, whenever the loader touches the house by accident I have a lot of work to fix the cladding. Whatever the tractor touches will be broken by the tractor, and a loader sticks out a long way / swings wider than you think when you turn. Eventually decided it's just safer with it off

So I'm quite focused on ease of removal. On my BX with the old pioneer couplers it's easy enough, but it's still harder than I'd like. Some days I don't put the loader on and do without it for a task it might have helped with, just because of those 3 minutes of messing around.

scratchypants

May 4, 2012
Godmanchester, Quebec
I have last year's model B2601 and I'm coming from a BX23S which had the single manifold connector. Meh - I haven't missed it. The tractor-side of the manifold is horizontal and has an upturned flange around the edge. I found it collected dirt. I doubt there's a 45 second difference between the old and the new. Change everything to flat face fittings and the single manifold becomes even less significant.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
New to the forum, 1st post. I'm getting the B2601-01 with quick connect FEL delivered tomorrow. Played with it at the dealer a little today seems like a slick feature. Not sure how often the loader will actually come off but for a few hundred extra bucks why not...;)
Have you got it yet? Photos and/or any information on what's different? I'm assuming they changed the stand and the single manifold coupler, but anything else?

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
I received my 2601 with the new LA435 loader a few days ago...it’s currently getting the 3rd function installed by a friend, once I get it home...I’ll snap a few pics of the loader, etc...

I have a friend with a BX2680 with a quick-tach loader...from the quick look that I got of mine...everything is the same as far as detach lever’s etc...

This is the only picture I have of it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's a mighty fine looking tractor. You must be happy. I'm hanging out for that model to release in NZ, so meantime I want to live vicariously through pictures of yours.

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
That's a mighty fine looking tractor. You must be happy. I'm hanging out for that model to release in NZ, so meantime I want to live vicariously through pictures of yours.

Yea...I apologize for the crummy pictures...I had to drive a pretty good ways to get it and I was just so tired from the trip...I’ll post more detailed ones up (if no one beats me to it) when I get it to my house in the middle of next week....

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Looks very tidy. How does the bottom of the loader attach - I know there aren't pins any more but haven't seen what actually grabs the pivot point.

neogardener

Equipment
B2601, QH15, RGR1258, BB1260, Ferris IS600Z
Jun 8, 2018
Ohio
Looks nice! I still haven't gotten a call back yet from my local dealer. Hopefully it will be soon...he still has one of the current generation B2601's on the lot. Once I am there and determine if the new LA435 loader is worth it, I will make a decision to deal on the older model or take the newer one.

I did end up purchasing a Ferris ZT this past weekend though...so now that I will not be mowing with the B2601, I ultimately may not find myself removing the loader much.

Decisions, Decisions...:rolleyes:

Keep the pics comming!

EDIT:
BTW, according to the new brochure, it looks like there is a new tire option available...Goodyear R14...looks like a nice tire for sure. Here is the link to the brochure
https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/18_12_25_b_01_%E6%94%B9%E8%A8%82_ktc.pdf?sfvrsn=1c5c9a96_0

Last edited:

Nomore67

Equipment
Currently own- B2601, LX4020. Previously owned- BX1870, B2601
Apr 28, 2019
Minnesota
New Member here, long time forum reader, first post... We recently moved to a place with a bigger yard, I’ve always ‘wanted’ a B series so more grass to mow seems like a good reason to push to upgrade my BX1870 with 54” MMM to a B2601 with 60” MMM. They’ll be similar configurations, FEL, MMM, turf tires...

To tie into this thread, my dealer has several B2601’s and one B2601-1 with the new hyd manifold (LA435 loader is coming in June). The price difference is minimal, but I’m leaning towards the ‘old’ model without the hyd manifold. As cool as the new stuff looks, I’ve been made nervous by stories of leaks on BX80’s and a few cases of bent linkage on the loaders... Thoughts?

Another related question- Kubota is showing two different HP ratings for these tractors on their site (not on the brochure, but if you click to build and price them). Anyone know if anything has actually changed, or is this just a change in how they are spec’d / rated?

Thanks!

St8 e

Equipment
B2650
Dec 11, 2018
Central PA
I’m a little confused as to how bent linkage would be any different between the L434 and L435 loaders...as far as leaks go, it isn’t like it hemorrhages hydro fluid if it does drop a little bit.

I think it all has to do with how often you plan on taking the loader on/off during your typical use. For me, I take my loader off quite frequently between mowing and loader work at my house. For this reason, the new loader was my choice. A lot of people leave the loader on and just pop the bucket off to cut...if that is what you plan on doing, then save a few dollars and get the old loader...that way you won’t have to worry about any leaks, etc...

As far as HP numbers, I def wouldn’t get caught up with them. The difference in numbers between the two is so minimal that you would never notice the difference. It’s only when you jump 7-10 HP that you may notice a little more oomph...

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I’m leaning towards the ‘old’ model without the hyd manifold. As cool as the new stuff looks, I’ve been made nervous by stories of leaks on BX80’s and a few cases of bent linkage on the loaders... Thoughts?
I'd get the new loader. It looks a lot easier on and off. I told myself the pioneers and getting off the tractor is fine on my BX, but in reality I take the loader off in my shed, and I park the tractor close to the wall. So I have to get down and squish in a bit to get to the loader. And there isn't that much play in the hoses - it's enough, but it's a little fiddly to get the pioneers off one by one. If I wear gloves to keep my hands clean the pioneers are a bit slippery/fiddly to get off, without gloves I always get a bit of fluid on me.

It's not the end of the world (I wouldn't buy a new tractor just to fix it), but I definitely wouldn't get the older coupling based on a small number of complaints that sound like they'd get fixed under warranty anyway if they ever happened to you.

Another related question- Kubota is showing two different HP ratings for these tractors on their site (not on the brochure, but if you click to build and price them). Anyone know if anything has actually changed, or is this just a change in how they are spec’d / rated?
My understanding is that the engine is unchanged, therefore the real HP is unchanged. It's a measurement change.

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
I have last years 2601 and the connectors are behind the loader frame and getting at them is difficult. I take my loader on and off a lot. I would go with the new setup IIWY.

Last edited:

Nomore67

Equipment
Currently own- B2601, LX4020. Previously owned- BX1870, B2601
Apr 28, 2019
Minnesota
Well, for a few reasons I went for the regular B2601. The main one being that my dealer won’t have the LA435 loaders in for another 6-7 weeks, and there’s a buyer taking my BX from me the end of this week. The known reliability of the current loader and hydraulics weighed in a bit, and the fact that the time difference to take it off/on is probably only 1-2 minutes more- And I didn’t want to wait 6+ weeks. The price difference to the new -01 model was very minimal though, which is nice for those opting to go that direction

Getting the B2601, turf tires, loader with QA bucket and pallet forks, 60” MMM, bucket hooks, and engine block heater- I’m looking forward to the BX upgrade!

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this, great info!

MRJOND66

Equipment
B2301
Apr 24, 2022
Michigan
I know this is an old thread but I have a LA435 loader for my B2301 with the dreaded quick connect which I absolutely hate. After about 300 hours and just out of warranty it no longer connects tightly so it leaks pretty bad. Now there is about a 1/4 inch gap when I attempt to lock it down and simply won't lock anymore. Can't figure out why but I am ready to convert to all single couplers.

I have single couplers on my snowblower and it connects fine and doesn't leak so I know the problem is that dreaded connector on the loader.

Anyone else having these problems and what was your solution