2019 B26 with BT820 backhoe.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Have yet to find a ripper to fit B26 QA. Some manufacturers will sell you the ripper made to add your own ears.

Just ordered a ripper to fit the M59, KK-mini-excavator QA mount from USA attachments. Bought buckets and QA from them before. Studying to maybe use the B26 ears to make an adapter to use the Kubota miniX buckets and ripper on the B26? Kubota miniX buckets are much more available. The B26 QA nests inside the KK QA. Only obstacle is checking for clearance of the thumb linkage while keeping the geometry close. Need to pursue the idea a little more. Ripper is not that heavy, 150#, 22” by 1” thick shank.

The OEM B26 QA backhoe buckets are made for heavy use and nearly twice as heavy as their pin-on option buckets. Needed as this little backhoe swings above it’s weight class.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Kurt Shaul

Equipment
B26 loader backhoe, 820 backhoe
Dec 24, 2022
Kelseyville Ca
On topic, just an observation. As popular as the B26 is and coupled with the extraordinary utility and strength of the BT820 backhoe I am amazed at the total absence of add ons. From thumbs to buckets. Why a company like BXpanded doesn’t roll out the simplest of attachments for it, such as a ripper baffles me.
Seems a person could develop a market pretty quickly with the minimum of advertising. Hmmmm.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Many of owners of this this of equipment are able to make their own modifications.

Any Kubota dealer can order you a 12” QA bucket or ears. Online you can find the prices. Better to talk to a salesperson than parts because sourced thru Wholegoods.

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
I sort of wonder if the lack of available options for B26s has to do with how many of them are in rental fleets. Customer asks for a thumb or ripper and gets told “you need to rent the mini ex if you want that..”

Reactions: 1 user