2018 Kubota M5660SUHD

FSNAG99

May 15, 2024
Texas
Hello. I am looking at purchasing my first tractor and am currently interested in a 2018 Kubota M5660SUHD with LA1154 FEL . I have a few questions:
1) This tractor has been barn kept and has just over 100 hrs. Would the low hours concern you?
2) Anything I should be aware of regarding problems with this year/model?
3) Is there a way to determine the appropriate value other than looking at similar listings?

Intended use will be mowing (6' rotary cutter) and clearing yaupon. Thanks for your responses.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hello. I am looking at purchasing my first tractor and am currently interested in a 2018 Kubota M5660SUHD with LA1154 FEL . I have a few questions:
1) This tractor has been barn kept and has just over 100 hrs. Would the low hours concern you?
3) Is there a way to determine the appropriate value other than looking at similar listings?

Intended use will be mowing (6' rotary cutter) and clearing yaupon. Thanks for your responses.
I can only respond to your 1st question,.... from personal experience.
In 2019, I bought a 2006 Kubota L48 TLB with 251 original owner hours.
A 13 year old TLB, with exceptionally low hours, that was kept outside, but needed new seat + fluff & buff.
Has been a perfect machine for me!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Whenever you buy a used anything there's risk. Low hours could be indicative of a problem or they could be meaningless. You'll have to look at the tractor to see if it appears to be well-cared for or abused. It doesn't matter if a hundred people show up and tell you that they bought a used, low hour tractor and all was good. That has no bearing whatsoever on your potential purpose. This tractor is in a vacuum and all you can rely on are a few generalizations about Kubota products.

The low hours could be because the owner spends most of the time somewhere else and doesn't use it, or it could be because it was parked with a problem. It's meaningless when someone buys a low hour tractor and doesn't use it but tells everyone else how great it is and how reliable it is. It's laughable.

In general Kubota makes good products that last a long time, are reliable, and hold their value. But again, every tractor is unique and this could be a disaster. You will have to make a decision based on as much data as you can get, and you might still make the wrong decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Regarding hours, we bought our L3560 LE in July, 2021 and even though we needed it and it's been essential for several jobs we've done with it, we still are at only 41 hours. I figure I'll need to do the 50 hour service sometime in July or August. It's shop kept and with a bit of detailing could look better than the day it was delivered, other than indications of use on the bucket (lots of dirt and rock have been scooped and moved). There are owners like me who need a machine frequently enough and for short periods of use that it makes sense to own one vs renting, and there are others who own one because they use it every day.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Regarding hours, we bought our L3560 LE in July, 2021 and even though we needed it and it's been essential for several jobs we've done with it, we still are at only 41 hours. I figure I'll need to do the 50 hour service sometime in July or August. It's shop kept and with a bit of detailing could look better than the day it was delivered, other than indications of use on the bucket (lots of dirt and rock have been scooped and moved). There are owners like me who need a machine frequently enough and for short periods of use that it makes sense to own one vs renting, and there are others who own one because they use it every day.
We are of similar mind!
Others will say our low usage is bad!
I disagree.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Good day.

It depends…I know at least one person that can burn spaghetti and I know several more that can f up a baked potato. That takes some real ‘talent’ but That’s what they do. The buyers job is to determine how something has been taken care of….low hours has no bearing if someone put wrong fuel in it or worse. Doesn’t mean it can’t be fixed either, but as mentioned above there is some risk to the buyer and it’s out of warranty. Buyer beware. Not necessarily anything wrong with it though either. I’d recommend at least check the basics.

beyond that I wonder why intention is 6’ mower? I question if that would cover the tire tracks if that matters? It would certainly handle the 6’ mower though.

Good luck. 🥃

Last edited:

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I love my M5660. Buy it and stop worrying about the hours. Would you be happier with a 2018 with 1900 hours on it?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Any input on appropriate pricing?
This is just my opinion…assuming nothing wrong with it, you sort of found a unicorn. That’s basically a brand new tractor (with no warrantee). From a what’s it’s worth, I’d think it would be easily worth what the new purchase price was in 2018, maybe even more. (Prices have gone up on new and used dramatically in past few years). Do you want to pay that price and not have a warranty?

I think try to find new price from 2018, that’s a data point. Find similar listings, that is a data point. What is the current new price? That is a data point. Beyond those few data points I think have to determine what it’s worth to you at the sellers price. I think you may struggle to find another unit of same age and such low hours, so I think may have to come to terms with unit in that condition price vs a machine with more hours and a bit lower price. Good luck.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
It is a good place to look at for finding out what tractors are selling for around the country.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is just my opinion…assuming nothing wrong with it, you sort of found a unicorn. That’s basically a brand new tractor (with no warrantee). From a what’s it’s worth, I’d think it would be easily worth what the new purchase price was in 2018, maybe even more. (Prices have gone up on new and used dramatically in past few years). Do you want to pay that price and not have a warranty?

I think try to find new price from 2018, that’s a data point. Find similar listings, that is a data point. What is the current new price? That is a data point. Beyond those few data points I think have to determine what it’s worth to you at the sellers price. I think you may struggle to find another unit of same age and such low hours, so I think may have to come to terms with unit in that condition price vs a machine with more hours and a bit lower price. Good luck.
Warranty?????
On a 100 hour tractor?
Do folks actually buy "Car Shield" policies on 5,000 mile, 6 year old cars too?

FSNAG99

May 15, 2024
Texas
Thanks again. It does not have warranty remaining, as previously commented. I have priced new ones and the difference is about $14k, apples to apples except for 6 years. I'll check out the site provided as well.