2010 B2620hst potential purchase

danwink

Equipment
B2620?
Jan 7, 2023
Reno
Morning all! I am looking a a 2010 2620HST. The tractor has just over 500 hours and was just serviced @ Kubota.
It includes a 60” mower with power bagger, LA364 loader, BH65 backhoe, and a set of R4 industrial tires mounted on a second set of wheels.

listed at 22k, the paint on the loader and backhoe are faded from being stored outdoors.

We have a small horse property (3ac) and want a nice machine for the property.

thoughts on price and choice of tractor?

thank you,
Dan in Reno, NV

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Do you need a backhoe? That's a great machine at the price I think, but you could almost get into a new one for that price if you didn't need the bagger or backhoe.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Do you need a backhoe? That's a great machine at the price I think, but you could almost get into a new one for that price if you didn't need the bagger or backhoe.
Everyone NEEDS a backhoe!
.....Some just do not realize it!;)

Reactions: 1 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Sounds like a good deal to me.

And The Fried One is right - a backhoe is a tool of a thousand uses, even if you don't know it yet.

We can talk you into a few other attachments, too. Just let us know if you want us to cut loose on you. :D

danwink

Equipment
B2620?
Jan 7, 2023
Reno
Thanks! It would be best if I could mow and bag (hoping it’s not too big of a machine to mow well) and I do want a backhoe for sure. My math says a comparable setup is in the high 30’s new.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Forks for the front are great, I hear, if you have the quick attach setup. I don't, so I got a set of bucket forks, which are much better than nothing, but not great. Cheap, though. Very handy for moving empty pallets & totes. They are way out front, so leverage is against you, lmiiiting your weight capacity. But, they aren't expensive, so despite their limitiations, I find them useful.

A nice 3PH attachment is a carryall. You can lift considerably more than with bucket forks, but you can't lift it very high. Good for moving things around, though. My main use of it is for moving around my firewood in IBC totes.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I have a set of forks that go on my 3ph, you can lift a lot (but not very high). I then use a pallet with sides as a carry all. With a backhoe though you'd need to take the hoe on and off, which can be annoying.

My forks also go on the front. I got a pin-on quick attach. They're a bit harder to find than they used to be (everything has gone to SSQA), but Messicks were able to order and ship for me. I used to have to knock the pins out of the bucket to put the forks on - annoying. The pin on quick attach isn't quite as quick as the SSQA, but it works well and beats knocking out pins. It's also a bit lighter and geometry a bit better than the SSQA I think.

Do you have trees / brush? I use my chipper a lot, great way to get rid of green waste.

I also bought a cheap ATV sprayer (12v), and wired in a switch on the dash and a waterproof connector, plus built a 3ph frame for it. Makes spraying your fields much easier - has both a wand for point spraying and a small boom for broad spraying.

Similarly, I bought an ATV fertiliser spreader, again built a 3ph frame for it, and plugs to the same switch.

The sprayer and spreader are both cheap ex. China equipment, but I only use them a few times a year each. I think they were around $150 each.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I also suspect that machine has a generator, not an alternator. There's a reasonably inexpensive kit (again from Messicks) to upgrade to an alternator. If you're using anything with battery draw, or plan to put work lights on, or like me you just idle around quite a bit, you could find it to be a benefit.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I also suspect that machine has a generator, not an alternator. There's a reasonably inexpensive kit (again from Messicks) to upgrade to an alternator. If you're using anything with battery draw, or plan to put work lights on, or like me you just idle around quite a bit, you could find it to be a benefit.
Yes, they came with a 14A dynamo. I got the optional 40A alternator on mine.
Awesome tractor. Mine has been trouble free since new in 2013. Only issue ever was the weld broke on the loader joystick

Haven't updated my thread but here is some of what mine has done.