2008 L5740 Hydrostatic/PTO problems

Copperbusa

Feb 13, 2015
Miramichi Road
Hi Guys, newb here lol.

We have a 2008 kubota L5740 tractor, last week one of my friend opened the driveway with the blower, he did long stretches of the driveway in very hard packed snow mixed with ice, when we started having the issues, the tractor was very slow in forward and reverse and the pto wouldn't turn at all at the end, we called someone that works on the kubota's down here and he was too busy but when we explained this problem to him he said it was the "hydrostatic pump???" can someone tell me if he's right and would someone have a part# possibly? Thanks in advance if someone can help me.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Grab the person from Kubota that you called firmly by the collar and give them a good smack up side the head! :eek: :p And tell them to get another job! ;)

It got a bad / burnt clutch disk.

If the HST pump was bad it might not move but the PTO would still work like normal.

Copperbusa

Feb 13, 2015
Miramichi Road
Ok, We brought in the tractor on Friday and left it in the garage until this morning, we've had very cold weather lately around -30C, this morning everything was working properly except the PTO, so forward/reverse is good now. When I put the lever on the right of the driver seat for the pto, the pto light in the datch comes on but not a sound or nothing, the pto doesn't engage. Is there another lever that can engage/disengage the pto?