2003 m120 won't turn off

Jayinbc

Jun 23, 2013
Smithers, bc
I have an m120 that when you turn the key off it keeps running, you have to use the mechanical lever to shut the engine down. I have been told the fuel shut off solenoid has probably failed. Can someone tell me where this solenoid is? Is there a way to test it? Also I am having trouble with the 3pth, sometimes the idiot light on the dash flashes rapidly and the only way I can raise or lower it is with the swich on the fender. It seems to me that it does it more often when it's raining or more humid? I don't know where the electronics are for any of this, can someone please help out a new guy? Thanks for any advice. Jay

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Between the engine not shuting off at the key and the dash light acting goofy it sounds to me like you may have a short in the wireing somewhere.

Jayinbc

Jun 23, 2013
Smithers, bc
I've located the fuel shut off solenoid and contacted the local dealer, they want $400 for a new one which I think is to much. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this m120 for a more reasonable price? Thanks for any advice. Jay

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
$400 seem too high. Try online parts dealers. Messick's may have a better price.

Some posters here have bypassed the solenoid to prove a failure and others have left it bypassed and used manual compression release (if you have one) to kill engine.

cwaltz21

Equipment
M120, M9000
Apr 23, 2024
2018Ramtruck
I've located the fuel shut off solenoid and contacted the local dealer, they want $400 for a new one which I think is to much. Does anyone know where I can get parts for this m120 for a more reasonable price? Thanks for any advice. Jay
Jay, I'm running into the same issue, what fixed it?