2001 L4300DT value?

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
I have a 2001 L4300DT purchased new. 8 forward/2reverse non synchro transmission, 45/37.5HP, LB552 FEL with 60" bucket. 490.5 hours. Always stored inside in barn. Newer rear tires (2015/2020); fronts original. Piranha bar, side mirrors added.
Hydraulics and filter this June at 450 hours. Last oil and filter this month (yearly or every 50 hours).
I would say very good to excellent cosmetic condition - only defect is a dented front grill from a log roll back in 2012 that I never got around to replacing. Those are $363 on Messick's website the last I checked.
Comps have been hard to find, especially sub 1000 hour units and I haven't found any recent (post COVID) sales info.
Anyone care to throw out a fair number to expect? I'm considering a trade with my dealer (see MX thread), realizing I will lose some money to avoid any private sale issues that may arise.
Thanks for any information provided.

IMG_9286.jpg
IMG_9293.jpg

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
I just responded to your first post, but for a 20-year-old tractor (24 hours per year) and trouble-free, Wow!!!!!!! It looks great!
PS Nice floor drain

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
Thanks; it's lived a pretty pampered life. I only use it for moving things I can't lift or reach (FEL) and mainly food plots and some bush hogging. I do some mowing with it, but not much. I have a Ventrac (Kubota diesel) for that.

I'm planning on expanding the food plots from fallow pasture from 1.5 to 5-10 acres over time using a no till drill I have on order and am thinking of upping the weight and power of the tractor if I can make a good deal. Otherwise, this machine will be able to handle the no till (light duty, 1400# empty) adequately. It has the same rear lift rating as the two MXs, which was a little surprising to me. If I keep it, I'll add a hydraulic top link and those clever bucket hooks I just found here on another thread.

The barn was on the property when we bought it and was a big draw for me - I would have never been able to justify building one as nice as it is. Heated and air conditioned, 12' ceilings, hot and cold water, full kitchen, washer/dryer and a 3/4 bath. I told my wife I had found the barn of my dreams and still feel that way 10 years later. I can get as dirty as I like, shower and do my laundry there and never track any dirt into the house. we both like that!

To answer question #1, around $18,000.00 2001 US dollars plus taxes with the FEL. If I recall, I financed it at almost 6% for 5 years. I googled it and got $1 2001 = $1.57 now, but that was before the current massive inflation.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
When looking at those for sale of a similar vintage and Horse Power the asking prices are in the $15,000 to $20,000 range. I would expect a dealer might offer you $10,000 to $12,000. There is a big auction on auction time.com this week. If I were a dealer that's what I would be looking at. Wholesale pricing as its known. Let us know what you are offered. Good luck.

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
When looking at those for sale of a similar vintage and Horse Power the asking prices are in the $15,000 to $20,000 range. I would expect a dealer might offer you $10,000 to $12,000. There is a big auction on auction time.com this week. If I were a dealer that's what I would be looking at. Wholesale pricing as its known. Let us know what you are offered. Good luck.
Great info!
Thanks.
The only close comp I could find was from a couple years ago on a machine that look more world worn from the pics but under 1000 hours. Final auction price realized was $15K before buyer's premium.

I'll look up that auction...

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you have thick skin and don't mind waiting you'll probably be able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. Be prepared for a lot of low ball tire kickers and time wasters.

A nice clean one owner machine with low hours is worth something. So is the lack of pollution controls.

Reactions: 1 user

Keadog

Equipment
MX 6000
Dec 22, 2021
Ohio
If you have thick skin and don't mind waiting you'll probably be able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. Be prepared for a lot of low ball tire kickers and time wasters.

A nice clean one owner machine with low hours is worth something. So is the lack of pollution controls.
It's hard to hurt my feelings but I have little interest in selling it myself. I don't mind the dealer making money on it in return for only dealing with them.
From what I've been able to find, I think $15K is probably about right for retail pricing, maybe a little more considering hours and condition.

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Looks real nice for the year, should bring top dollar IMO.
Maybe money isn't an issue for you but you will be many thousands of $ ahead
selling it yourself.
I would start at $18,900 and be willing to take $17.900 for that beauty.