2000 M9000 won't go after replacing hydraulic fluid and filters

tkefrost

Equipment
2000 Kubota M9000
Jun 15, 2021
Central Oklahoma
I have a 2000 M9000 that recently had the hydraulic fluid and filters replaced. It would work sporadically, but now I can't get it to budge. I've read about the transmission vent being clogged and there are mud daubers, but I can't find a vent anywhere. I've searched the service manual. Front end and 3 point work. Clutch has about 300 hours on it. I'm at a loss and Kubota Service near me has failed me in every previous issue since, so I'm very skeptical to take it 80 miles for them to look at it. Based on my experience, I've had to fix every issue myself because they just rack up a bill through trial and error of parts. Any thoughts?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The vent will look like a short, ”J”-shaped rubber tube somewhere over your rear axle... but you might also try running it with the fill-cap and the dipstick removed.

tkefrost

Equipment
2000 Kubota M9000
Jun 15, 2021
Central Oklahoma
I never found a transmission vent. Best I can tell it just comes through the shifter. It is amazingly fixed though! I found the clutch vents(dry clutch) both had mud in the tubes going all the way back to the clutch housing. I pulled and cleared those to no avail. I took a jet stream spray nozzle and filled the clutch housing up with 4 gallons of water and ran the tractor while pushing the clutch pedal. I think a mud dauber had bound up the pressure plate. I pulled the clutch drain into the bucket. It cleaned out a lot of clutch dust as well. I then reset the clutch pedal to an inch of play. It works like a champ.