1997 Kubota G1900 cranks but no start.

Zachary3328

Equipment
Kubota g1900
Nov 9, 2019
Shirleysburg, PA, USA
I have a 1997 Kubota G1900 garden tractor that cranks but dose not start. I have a brand new battery that is required. I have a fairly new starter and a brand new alternator. I even replaced the combination box for the safety switches. I have tested all the fuses and safety switches. I cracked the injector lines to see if there was fuel and there was. Not sure at this point was is preventing the engine from starting. It just seems that it is not cranking fast enough.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Make sure your air filter is clean. If the unit uses glow plugs be sure they're good. Diesels can get cranky in cool weather.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
Its possible to get fuel AT the injectors BUT.. not enough to open the injectors..
You'll have to get an injector out & hook it back up to a line & SEE if its opening the injector.. OR.. if u have any smoke from the exhaust..is another indicator u have fuel make it to the engine.
A word of caution.!! do NOT get near the spray from the open injector.!! it WILL penetrate your skin & give u blood poisoning.. & its a trip to the hospital.

& ONLY U can tell if its cranking fast enough.. we cant hear it from here..
TRY hooking up some jumper cables & another vehicle while cranking.. OR even a jump box if u have 1..