16hp Kubota 3-cyl diesel vs 20hp Kohler v-twin gas

MaximusGluteus

May 28, 2014
Wisconsin
Maxim. Spend a little more and get my bx2230 that you don't have to do anything to . AND , it has an rops with canopy and a front end loader. And a 54 inch deck, AND fully serviced with all synthetic fluids. There's more (AND"s), but you get the picture. It's in the classifieds here and on craigs list(Chattanooga Tn).
But to your original question. My wife has a Bad Boy 60 inch 30 hp gas zero turn mower. In 1 hour of mowing, my bx diesel will use 1/2 the fuel her's does. I have specificly done a test to verify that.

Your tractor would be perfect, and I really wish I could buy it from you, but my max is right around $5000, and even that is a tough sell to my wife. :( Thanks for mentioning it though! :)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Don't think I'd pay $4200 for that Kubota. You can get slightly larger ones of that age for that price (or lower) and have a more versatile unit. I'm not saying that's not a nice 'bota, just saying the price is a little steep. There are other units of that size with diesels in them too.

Now, with all that in mind, you can get a brand new 'bota for 0% interest for 60 months for around $10k in that size. That's a $170 a month payment, has warranties, and will be low maintenance for many years. You also know it hasn't been mistreated in any way, so peace of mind.

That's what caused me to buy a new L3200, I didn't want to have yet another maintenance unknown on my hands! :D

Mike928pa

Equipment
BX2200 FEL Belly mower
Jun 3, 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Another comparison: BX2200 vs. eXmark 27HP gas LaserZ.

I got the 22 HP Kubota for it's FEL and took the 54" finish mower off,, but before I did I cut about 2 acres of grass with it to compare it with my eXmark with a 27 HP Kawasaki engine.

The eXmark has a 60 inch mulching deck on it and struggles if the grass gets much over 4" tall, but does a nice job.

I took the Kubota through the same grass and even over some higher grass. Even at full speed, it never slows down or appears to struggle.

I'm thinking of getting a mulching kit for it and sell the eXmark (it's hard on gas), but I think i'll really miss the zero turn mower around trees.

Best regards,
MikeC