130 hour update (B2650)

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Purchased a B2650 almost two years prior and wanted to brag on it. I don't know what I would do without this tractor. I have spread many yards of clay and asphalt millings putting in a driveway. For that project, I used the bucket and box blade to dig and shape the driveway. Then spread clay and millings without issue. I used the bucket to dig many trenches for pipe and cable and am able to get a 2 to 3 foot trench using it (digging in very soft sand with no obstructions).

Extended the driveway to include a parking area. This area was on a slope and required some dirt work to make it work. The B2650 (Dubbed Kody) handled the task without issue. It does take a little longer, especially when compared to a larger machine; however, it completed the task in an acceptable timeframe.

Used a three point auger to install fence over five acres. At the same time, used forks and a pallet to carry all concrete, tools, cooler, and 55 gallons of water (with pump for setting pole) with absolutely no issue.

Routinely use the tractor to bush hog five acres. About to purchase a three point hitch sprayer.

Dug into a slope and created a level area with fire pit. Currently leveling and prepping an area for a pole barn. I have had zero issues with this tractor which was purchased brand new. I follow the maintenance to the "T". I would recommend this tractor without hesitation to anyone thinking about purchasing one.

Reactions: 8 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Purchased a B2650 almost two years prior and wanted to brag on it. I don't know what I would do without this tractor. I have spread many yards of clay and asphalt millings putting in a driveway. For that project, I used the bucket and box blade to dig and shape the driveway. Then spread clay and millings without issue. I used the bucket to dig many trenches for pipe and cable and am able to get a 2 to 3 foot trench using it (digging in very soft sand with no obstructions).

Extended the driveway to include a parking area. This area was on a slope and required some dirt work to make it work. The B2650 (Dubbed Kody) handled the task without issue. It does take a little longer, especially when compared to a larger machine; however, it completed the task in an acceptable timeframe.

Used a three point auger to install fence over five acres. At the same time, used forks and a pallet to carry all concrete, tools, cooler, and 55 gallons of water (with pump for setting pole) with absolutely no issue.

Routinely use the tractor to bush hog five acres. About to purchase a three point hitch sprayer.

Dug into a slope and created a level area with fire pit. Currently leveling and prepping an area for a pole barn. I have had zero issues with this tractor which was purchased brand new. I follow the maintenance to the "T". I would recommend this tractor without hesitation to anyone thinking about purchasing one.
Glad you are happy with your tractor. I have over 1800 hours on my b2910 and 1200 plus on my smaller BX2200. I share your enthusiasm!

Nothing beats a happy tractor's owner's report!

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
It's nice to see positive praise and not just problems, the only complaint I have is just not enough time in the seat of my tractors, work keeps getting in the way. I hope to change that in the next few years and put some more hours on my tractors .... lol.

Like you I have had very few issues with my Kubota tractors other than regular maintenance and a bit of lubrication here and there, I'm convinced they would run better with more use!

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
I got a used BX2200 this past spring to maintain and fix the 5 acre property I purchased the fall before. IT has been one of the best purchases I have made. I am amazed at what I can accomplish with it. Clearing brush, mowing, leveling and smoothing, putting in a stone driveway, clearing snow....the list goes on and on.
IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3428.jpg
IMG_3518.jpg
IMG_3745.jpg
IMG_3605.JPG

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
JeremyBX2200, Looks like your left rear tire is mounted backwards...doubt it makes any practical difference though... :)

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
JeremyBX2200, Looks like your left rear tire is mounted backwards...doubt it makes any practical difference though... :)
It is. It was like that when I purchased it and the previous owner had the rim on backwards. With the rim flipped the tire would interfere with the 60" MMM. I haven't gotten around to flipping the tire on the rim yet.

I haven't noticed a difference in traction, but it does seem to tear up the yard more on turns with it mounted that way. I have a set of turf tires I could use, but with the work I was doing the AG tires worked better. The previous owner of my property didn't do any upkeep, so I had a lot of brush and over growth to remove.