13' L3800 DT service & axle question?

Ozziekubota67

Mar 3, 2014
South Carolina usa
13' model L3800DT questions and thanks ahead atime...

Front axle I see the marking on r/f of axle L3300??? Any idea???

What hours should I do my first service and what should I do ? I am a big time service guy maybe a little OCD

15/40 rotella ????
Trans filter change and add 2 qrts?
Wix or OEM filters???

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think the marking on the axle is where it fits another model. My L3000 front axle has L2250 on it.

Oil brand normally causes a war around here. As always it's a matter of personal preference, my choice is full synthetic Amsoil 5w30 heavy duty diesel oil for the engine and Amsoil synthetic tractor trans/hyd for the transmission.

On filters I either use Amsoil or Kubota. When in doubt you know for sure the Kubota filters are built to the correct specs.

Your manual should list what you need to change and it should list what weight oil is best for your engine. For most climates (in my manuals) 10w30 is the best choice. Going by my manuals a full service on the engine, trans and front axle (fluid and filters) is due @ 50 hrs. Even though it does cost more to change all the fluid out I don't regret doing it after seeing how much metal shavings was in mine, especially in the front axle.