12V aux hydraulic spool

Orange4X4

Equipment
L2350DT with loader , 52" Taylor Way , Ratchet Rake , Land Pride post hole
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
I have a L2350DL and would like to know the best type of 12V aux control valve that mounts on the frame loader support. Should it be a closed center , double acting ETC.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a L2350DL and would like to know the best type of 12V aux control valve that mounts on the frame loader support. Should it be a closed center , double acting ETC.
Your tractor is an Open Center hydraulic system.

I assume what you are describing a "third function" valve.

A double acting one is most versatile but if you told us what you are trying to accomplish it would help with advice.

Dave

Orange4X4

Equipment
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
I'd like to put a small cylinder on the top link for the 3pt hitch , also just having another hydraulic option would be nice.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I'd like to put a small cylinder on the top link for the 3pt hitch , also just having another hydraulic option would be nice.
This link is to give you some details on third function valves.

Normally these valves are to control things like a grapple mounted on a loader bucket.

Third function

How many lines connect to your loader valve now.... 6 or 7?

Likely cheaper ways to add rear hydraulics than using a third function valve

Dave

Orange4X4

Equipment
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
I'll have to look . All my FEL does is up down & bucket curl to dump.
There is just one handle on my bucket valve , it does have floating function.
LA450S Loader is what is on my tractor.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I'll have to look . All my FEL does is up down & bucket curl to dump.
There is just one handle on my bucket valve , it does have floating function.
LA450S Loader is what is on my tractor.
The importance by finding out if there is 6 or 7 lines on the loader valve is that it answers the question of how the rear of your tractor is supplied with hydraulic power. It there are 7 lines then one of them is a power beyond line supplying the rear of the tractor and another simple valve could be installed in this line to provide the top link function you want,

Dave

Orange4X4

Equipment
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
7 , two on front of valve - return & supply , 4 on side to FEL and one on the back.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
7 , two on front of valve - return & supply , 4 on side to FEL and one on the back.
The 7th line is a power beyond line feeding the rear of your tractor.

You can buy a simple single spool double acting with a power beyond feature also.

The new valve would be fed from the loader power beyond line and in turn would feed the rear of your tractor with its power beyond line.

Most valves have as an option a power beyond sleeve or plug but you have to ask for it.

Dave

Orange4X4

Equipment
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
Many thanks Dave.
So from my 7 port FEL on the tractor now , feeding from the power beyond to the supply on a new double acting and out it's power beyond. Why would the second valve need to have a power beyond?

Last edited:

Orange4X4

Equipment
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Many thanks Dave.
So from my 7 port FEL on the tractor now , feeding from the power beyond to the supply on a new double acting and out it's power beyond. Why would the second valve need to have a power beyond?
The new valve needs to have power beyond because the previous source of hydraulic power to the rear of the tractor (3 pt hitch) was the power beyond port/line from the loader valve, This source of hydraulic power has been reassigned to power the valve for your new rear hydraulic function.

Because of this reassignment, you now will need a new power source for the 3 pt hitch hence getting a new valve which has power beyond.

If this is not clear please ask more questions.

Dave

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
You are saying a valve like this one -
You have the right idea as far as valve features are concerned but.... a 30 gpm rated valve is far too big for your needs. If you buy such a valve you will find it difficult to impossible to make fine adjustments to your rear cylinder.

Your tractor has a maximum hydraulic flow of less than 9 gpm. Look for a valve close to this number.

A smaller flow rated valve will also use smaller fittings and hoses which will make installation cheaper and easier.

Dave

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I am not a hydraulic expert but as I understand it:

The return port on a valve normally can only handle maybe 300 PSI. The port that can only handle the 300# is usually called the 'tank return'. The power beyond port can handle full pressure. If you find a valve that the output port can handle full pressure, then you don't need a tank return line from that valve.

I added a 12 volt solenoid valve between my loader valve and my rear hydraulic valve. I plumbed the power beyond line from my loader to the input of the solenoid valve and then the output of the solenoid valve to the rear hydraulics. Works great.

The valve I bought:

It is open center so it will pass the fluid on to the next valve when it is not energized. You also have to buy a subplate and maybe the two electrical connectors.