1200 FEL on M4800SU?

nelstomlinson

Jul 30, 2014
Juneau, Alaska
A Kubota front end loader is coming up for auction Saturday, here in Juneau. It's a model 1200, old and rusty. I have an M4800SU. Is there any chance this older FEL could work on my tractor? The FEL seems to be complete except for the mounting brackets.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While the size is close to what you need, the problem would be you would never find the mounting brackets to fit it to your tractor.
You could make your own brackets if the price is really, really good! ;)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Unless you can fabricate and weld heavy plate and drill or punch holes in this thick plate, making the brackets will be almost impossible. Some loaders made by independents like Allied have bracket kits to make one loader fit many different brands of tractors, The OEM's don't make it easy to move a loader between different models of tractors..

Dave M7040

nelstomlinson

Jul 30, 2014
Juneau, Alaska
After measuring, it looks as if the width could be made to work, but it's too short: the top of the bucket would be brushing the front of the hood as I raised it. Mounting it far enough forward to ameliorate that would result in the mount covering the hydraulic pump, fuel filter, starter, et cetera. All that ignores the difficulties of fab'ing a custom mount.

Oh, well. Thanks to you both for responding.