1200 FEL "KIT, SEAL", Part # 70050-00299

Orange L285

Equipment
L285 1200FEL
Jul 14, 2014
Texas

I got a seal kit from my local Kubota dealer and just finished the repacking of both front cylinders. VERY EASY JOB with the 1200 FEL manual and a little thought.

BUT FYI, the kit has a new designed "o-ring" for the pushrod compared to the diagram. The old diagram has a backing ring and traditional o-ring but the new one has a "square" o-ring/seal. I reinserted the backing ring because the new design did not fill the space. There are no instructions as to the direction of installation of the new design so had to wing it and in fact I might have done them in opposite directions to see if one was right (or wrong) Neither leak as of today and hope that continues.

Attachments

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
That’s typical...insufficient or incomplete instructions.

On a lighter-note: I’m thinking humorously about this....
... If you didn’t know which way to install the square rings.. you had a 50-50 chance of getting it correct if you just chose one way or the other.... they’d both be correct...OR...they’d both be wrong.

If you do it one way with one...and the other way with the other... you’ve guaranteed yourself to have made a mistake. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Orange L285

Equipment
L285 1200FEL
Jul 14, 2014
Texas
That’s typical...insufficient or incomplete instructions.

On a lighter-note: I’m thinking humorously about this....
... If you didn’t know which way to install the square rings.. you had a 50-50 chance of getting it correct if you just chose one way or the other.... they’d both be correct...OR...they’d both be wrong.

If you do it one way with one...and the other way with the other... you’ve guaranteed yourself to have made a mistake. 🤣
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Well I'm not sure I actually did them opposite I just thought I may have because ya know being all smart and stuff... FYI, neither are leaking, leaching or seeping so it would appear I either got them both in correctly or one or more incorrectly but it may not matter which way they are installed...