10 hour break in service...

Zaicran

Equipment
B2650, 72" MMM, LA534+QA, RCR1260
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
So, my B2650 is at 7.5 hours...it will be easy to hit 10 hours in the next few weeks.

Is the 10 hour service something I can do at home myself if I had good instructions or do you recommend I let my local dealer take care of it/it is supposed to be done by dealer?

If the dealer does it...do I need to haul it to them? Because I still haven't got a trailer for it yet...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
part of the deal I made with dealer is he did the 1st ( 50 hr) service including pickup( I'm 13 minutes away).
that way IF it's not serviced right, THEY owe me a new BX23S...
that was 260hrs ago......
I did my own 200 hr service....

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
part of the deal I made with dealer is he did the 1st ( 50 hr) service including pickup( I'm 13 minutes away).
that way IF it's not serviced right, THEY owe me a new BX23S...
that was 260hrs ago......
I did my own 200 hr service....
Hmmm, is it 50 hours for first service or 10 hours? Must consult my owners manual immediately...

eDIT: Hmmm, I suppose i'm wrong (as susual, lol)....it's 50 hours.

Last edited:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Most folks can certainly do the 50h service, just make sure to hit all of the items on the schedule.
Read up on the transmission service, as the terminology gets confusing with which filters get changed. I don't know what a B2650 gets transmission wise.
Even knowing that the transmission service requirement can be confusing, I still got the filters backwards in a recent discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Hmmm, is it 50 hours for first service or 10 hours? Must consult my owners manual immediately...

eDIT: Hmmm, I suppose i'm wrong (as susual, lol)....it's 50 hours.
Your first service on the engine oil, filter etc will be at 50 hours. What you may be thinking of is that you should grease the loader zerks every 10 hours of use. This is only greasing however, and yes you can 100% do this yourself with a grease gun. Just clean the zerks up real good and put grease to each nipple until you see it begin to overflow then stop. Clean the nipple again after greasing to wipe it clean of any excess or it will be a magnet for dirt and dust and you dont want dirt finding its way into the nipples.

For the B2650 your 50 hour maintenance will be the first big one. What you will do at 50 hours:

- Change the engine oil
- Replace the engine oil filter
- Replace the Hydraulic Oil Filter
- Replace the Transmission (HST) Oil Filter
- Check all the lug nuts on your wheels for proper tightness.
- Grease the entire tractor, hitting every zerk nipple as described in the manual. There are some under the tractor that you grease at this maintenance. Grease loader again at this time as you should do every ~ 10 hours.
- Check the enginge start system (Stand up frome seat, check pto shut off, etc) just a safety check.

Zaicran

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD
Your first service on the engine oil, filter etc will be at 50 hours. What you may be thinking of is that you should grease the loader zerks every 10 hours of use. This is only greasing however, and yes you can 100% do this yourself with a grease gun. Just clean the zerks up real good and put grease to each nipple until you see it begin to overflow then stop. Clean the nipple again after greasing to wipe it clean of any excess or it will be a magnet for dirt and dust and you dont want dirt finding its way into the nipples.

For the B2650 your 50 hour maintenance will be the first big one. What you will do at 50 hours:

- Change the engine oil
- Replace the engine oil filter
- Replace the Hydraulic Oil Filter
- Replace the Transmission (HST) Oil Filter
- Check all the lug nuts on your wheels for proper tightness.
- Grease the entire tractor, hitting every zerk nipple as described in the manual. There are some under the tractor that you grease at this maintenance. Grease loader again at this time as you should do every ~ 10 hours.
- Check the enginge start system (Stand up frome seat, check pto shut off, etc) just a safety check.
Good info there, thank you!!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
just did 200 hr service on the B2650. Easy to do. Stuck a pencil in the HST breather tube. Changed the HST filter and only lost about an ounce of fluid. Just have to be careful with those filters. One turn after gasket contact and they bottom out.

Only other thing was I changed the fuel filter for the first time (never cleaned it) no moisture present. I always use a Mr. funnel when filling the tank. There was no small O-ring in the center of the old filter (and nothing stuck on the housing. Re-assembled with new cartridge and all seem to work fine. I did use a clamp to stop flow from tank.

Zip tied the black air intake tube to the bracket to stop the rattling.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
What? No re-torquing the head-bolts at 50 hours? ... times have changed.

At the very least, I would put a wrench on EVERY bolt I could find to verify tightness. This is not an automobile. A tractor has to work hard and traverse uneven ground.

Sparky73

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2018 B2650HSD
Apr 28, 2018
WA
Recommend you check out a youtube video or two before diving into the 50hr service. A few different tricks to changing the Hydraulic and HST filters that will save you some trouble along with a significant amount of hydraulic fluid if you do it right.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Maybe the BX23S is different but without blocking anything and no vacum I removed my HST filter and only lost 2-3 ozs!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Recommend you check out a youtube video or two before diving into the 50hr service. A few different tricks to changing the Hydraulic and HST filters that will save you some trouble along with a significant amount of hydraulic fluid if you do it right.
If you just make sure both the HST and suction (hydraulic} filters are ready lubed with a little HYD. fluid on their gaskets, at hand, and you put something under to catch a little fluid that escapes. Spin the old filter off and quickly wipe gasket contact surface then again quickly spin on the new filter. I used no plugging or vacuuming trick and lost maybe 1/3 litre fluid at most to the old towel underneath.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk