1.33 acres, heavily wooded and overgrown... Need advice on a tractor purchase!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The general rule is that the BX2380 is the standard machine. It has enough power to do everything - it's the model they base the TLB BX23s on (the backhoe version). It has the same hydraulic system as the BX2680.

The BX1880 is the economy version. Not much cheaper, but it's a price leader. It gives up a bit of wheel size and a bit of power, and it is limited sometimes in what it can run - smaller mower, less PTO power.

The BX2680 is the "more power" version. The only place it can really use that power is out the PTO, and maybe dragging things uphill, or running the big mower in heavy grass. But most of the time the BX2380 will do what the BX2680 does. It's not a lot more money for the 26hp, but there aren't a lot of uses for that HP in the BX size machine.

That's ultimately why the BX2380 is the biggest selling machine.

Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The general rule is that the BX2380 is the standard machine. It has enough power to do everything - it's the model they base the TLB BX23s on (the backhoe version). It has the same hydraulic system as the BX2680.

The BX1880 is the economy version. Not much cheaper, but it's a price leader. It gives up a bit of wheel size and a bit of power, and it is limited sometimes in what it can run - smaller mower, less PTO power.

The BX2680 is the "more power" version. The only place it can really use that power is out the PTO, and maybe dragging things uphill, or running the big mower in heavy grass. But most of the time the BX2380 will do what the BX2680 does. It's not a lot more money for the 26hp, but there aren't a lot of uses for that HP in the BX size machine.

That's ultimately why the BX2380 is the biggest selling machine.
This is true.. I opted for the 2680 thinking it would be more powerful. The hydraulics was the important thing for me but the extra hp didn't get me anymore lift capacity. 🙁
I could have saved some$$, I think they charged an extra 1k for that upgrade and I don't plan on using the rear PTO in the near future. That's on me.. should have come here first!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users