0% financing

Boria

Apr 28, 2013
BACONTON, GA
How long do you think they will keep the 0% financing offer available. I know the website says May 31 but its been going on for a while now hasn't it.

I am going to get a new orange tractor but I am not quite ready to bite the bullet. I could really use a few more weeks.

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Even with normal rates under 5% most around here are at 3-4% is still not bad at all. You will just have to wait and see I guess. If you only need a few weeks then do the deal and secure the loan, they can set a start date up to several weeks out. You need a credit score near perfect to get the 0% too, fine print items, usually around 800 or better.

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I just got my B2620 last week for zero down & zero percent for 72 mo I usually don't like to stretch out payments that long but it didn't cost anything extra. I got the Kubota insurance for 6 years also. payment is 247

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I went to my dealers web site , filled out the application. He responded the very next day. You've got perfect credit, is the L3800 big enough ? LOL...It was easy, quick and painless,,,alot like marriage...but a lot better than divorce...

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Around here the cash price is $2000 less on the L3800. That's 10% less if a person doesn't finance. Just sayin...

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
just bought me a m7040hd on there 0% down and 0% interest . and my credit isn't to great as i don't buy much on credit . and it went through so i bought one that's the only reason i have one.

Forge

Equipment
B7800, Woods LS84 FEL, MMM RC72
Dec 16, 2012
Pottstown
Exactly. The financing is in the price. 0% is somewhat misleading as the cost of finance is accounted for elsewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

78-79fordman

Equipment
2013 m7040hd 2013 L3800HST 1969 MF135
May 21, 2013
Gillham Ar.
Exactly. The financing is in the price. 0% is somewhat misleading as the cost of finance is accounted for elsewhere. There's no such thing as a free lunch.
ya i know that but the cash price was only $1500 less . and i got the tractor with the addons it has cheaper where i bought it than any where else i could find .

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
The Mahindra dealer had it listed both ways 0% was one price and the reg rate was with a discount. The payment was not 2 bucks difference.

francisO

Mar 21, 2014
CA
It is important that you have knowledge about zero percent financing, and how it works. Somehow, it is a good deal as it can help you save money when buying a car. Take for instance the commercial of Toyota on Television, ads in the paper and online. The car maker also offers zero percent financing. You might want to take the deal, but you have to be cautious because some of these deals are not exactly what you think it is. Get more information here: Zero Percent Financing.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
How long do you think they will keep the 0% financing offer available. I know the website says May 31 but its been going on for a while now hasn't it.

I am going to get a new orange tractor but I am not quite ready to bite the bullet. I could really use a few more weeks.
Boria,
they have had it a long time, ever since I have been paying attention to Kubota they seemed to have 0% on most all tractors.

Now here is something to consider, like with a car dealership, you get $1500 cash back or 0% or something like that, some people DO not have great credit, some people are going to pay cash and so on, but all of this is simple math. Which way to go ?? take the cash back or zero % ?

lets take a new Bx-25D, the base price w/ 60" MMM and 3 point kit "Sells" for about $22,346. That was about the price that is was last year, maybe a little higher, typically a dealer will knock off 10-12% ......the actually cost to me was 19,998 and some change( filled my tires for free too), now I had to pay freakin 5% tax on that, and the cost of the ins too - ( i would have studied up more on this but didnt) cost came in under $22,000 - this boils down to the nice price of $367.60 a month for 60 months. However, you say dealer, I want to buy it with cash, mine said that he would knock off $750 more off. Now, I do not have $21,250 just laying around, so I would need to go the bank, no bank is going to loan money like that for a tractor, unless you have a long history with that bank, now maybe I take out a equity line against my house ( I have about that to do) I still have to pay a % higher than zero, even with great credit, equity line is still going to be 4% or better, plugging that in @ 60 months = $391.35!
Someone might say, I can take that % off my taxes every year with the IRS, maybe true, but I dont think it will be worth the effort! The downside of this is that my equity is now tied up for a good period of time, I have no room left to "buy" something else. Where the 0% locks me in for 5 years, seems like a long time, but it is at 0% and there is no reason to pay it off early!

Plus as someone old and wise told me a long time ago, money is worth less every year, so the 367 I pay in the future is worth a little less than the 367 I have in my hand right now!

Now does Kubota make money hand over fist? Sure they do! But unless you have the money in hand OR have someone to loan you money at a crazy rate approaching ZERO, the 0% works very well.

Sorry for the long rant, but it simple terms, anytime you can borrow someone else's money at 0%, even if you had to pay a little more, it is well worth it!

I used my Bx for about 3 hours yesterday, moved 2.5 tons of topsoil, dug up a stump on a side of hill that was a pure PITA and pushed up some fallen trees into a pile. 3 hours of pure heaven, and even after looking at the cost of using that girl per hour so far, pure happiness! My back doesnt hurt, my hands are not soar and my wife was happy( hell that was just a bonus) and I was outside on a rare #$%#$%#@@ nice day around here!!:eek:

My only regret is that I didnt buy the machine 5 years ago!:D

Attachments

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
When I bought my B2320, I could have paid cash. I didn't even consider it. I had other options for that money. I could have invested it (I have some stocks and bonds that are paying very well). I could have used the money for implements, projects, a new car, etc. Worst case, it could sit in a near zero percent interest savings account, but always be there to pay off the tractor early if necessary, or cover unexpected expenses that might crop up. Over the last 2-1/2 years, that money has bought a used truck, A MMM that I didn't get originally with the tractor, a pine straw rake, Kubota QA for the loader, financed a couple trips, paid some medical expenses, etc. Still have some left. Will probably pay off the car loan in a couple months, and still have a few thousand toward the pole barn project that's coming up. If I had paid cash for the tractor, not likely most of that would have happened.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Boria,
they have had it a long time, ever since I have been paying attention to Kubota they seemed to have 0% on most all tractors.

Now here is something to consider, like with a car dealership, you get $1500 cash back or 0% or something like that, some people DO not have great credit, some people are going to pay cash and so on, but all of this is simple math. Which way to go ?? take the cash back or zero % ?

lets take a new Bx-25D, the base price w/ 60" MMM and 3 point kit "Sells" for about $22,346. That was about the price that is was last year, maybe a little higher, typically a dealer will knock off 10-12% ......the actually cost to me was 19,998 and some change( filled my tires for free too), now I had to pay freakin 5% tax on that, and the cost of the ins too - ( i would have studied up more on this but didnt) cost came in under $22,000 - this boils down to the nice price of $367.60 a month for 60 months. However, you say dealer, I want to buy it with cash, mine said that he would knock off $750 more off. Now, I do not have $21,250 just laying around, so I would need to go the bank, no bank is going to loan money like that for a tractor, unless you have a long history with that bank, now maybe I take out a equity line against my house ( I have about that to do) I still have to pay a % higher than zero, even with great credit, equity line is still going to be 4% or better, plugging that in @ 60 months = $391.35!
Someone might say, I can take that % off my taxes every year with the IRS, maybe true, but I dont think it will be worth the effort! The downside of this is that my equity is now tied up for a good period of time, I have no room left to "buy" something else. Where the 0% locks me in for 5 years, seems like a long time, but it is at 0% and there is no reason to pay it off early!

Plus as someone old and wise told me a long time ago, money is worth less every year, so the 367 I pay in the future is worth a little less than the 367 I have in my hand right now!

Now does Kubota make money hand over fist? Sure they do! But unless you have the money in hand OR have someone to loan you money at a crazy rate approaching ZERO, the 0% works very well.

Sorry for the long rant, but it simple terms, anytime you can borrow someone else's money at 0%, even if you had to pay a little more, it is well worth it!

I used my Bx for about 3 hours yesterday, moved 2.5 tons of topsoil, dug up a stump on a side of hill that was a pure PITA and pushed up some fallen trees into a pile. 3 hours of pure heaven, and even after looking at the cost of using that girl per hour so far, pure happiness! My back doesnt hurt, my hands are not soar and my wife was happy( hell that was just a bonus) and I was outside on a rare #$%#$%#@@ nice day around here!!:eek:

My only regret is that I didnt buy the machine 5 years ago!:D
EXCELLENT! Well thought thru, rationally and logicaly covers every point. I could not add one bit to it.

David

spamhater007

Equipment
L3901 w/LA525 Loader
Mar 28, 2014
Byron, MN
The Mahindra dealer had it listed both ways 0% was one price and the reg rate was with a discount. The payment was not 2 bucks difference.
I was looking at the Mahindra 3616, but the Mahindra 0%, with $1,600 fee, made the Kubota 0% a better deal. Glad I went with the Kubota, I like orange better. Plus the L3901 seems better built with the covered protected hydraulic lines.